Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

I'm not taking a position either way, but General Nonsense or Politics forum for this stuff. 

I avoid those forums for a reason; politics is shoehorned into everything these days and I'd rather not see it shoehorned into threads that are supposed to be about football.

Nah, I'm never on board with posts like this. It's very much related to St Johnstone when an ambassador for the club is publicly condoning weird views on social media. If you don't wish to acknowledge or respond to posts about anything which isn't directly about football, you don't have to. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Nah, I'm never on board with posts like this. It's very much related to St Johnstone when an ambassador for the club is publicly condoning weird views on social media. If you don't wish to acknowledge or respond to posts about anything which isn't directly about football, you don't have to. 

Next sainthearted will be telling us we can’t post about The Loft and/or Zoo on this thread. 

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Well done for undermining the point of separate forums. 

Makes sense. So, how do you think the next Chancellor's budget will affect St Johnstone? 

Also, anyone have any idea how Chris Kane voted in the last GE? I've always suspected he's a Tory, which is reason enough not to start him. Do you think he voted for independence? 🤔

Well done for undermining the point of separate forums. 
Makes sense. So, how do you think the next Chancellor's budget will affect St Johnstone? 
Also, anyone have any idea how Chris Kane voted in the last GE? I've always suspected he's a Tory, which is reason enough not to start him. Do you think he voted for independence? [emoji848]

Pathetic post.

Politics is linked to almost everything in life. Decisions made by politicians affect our lives. Political beliefs shape one’s thoughts and actions in life. That’s the way it is. If you don’t like it then perhaps being an adult isn’t for you, buddy.

Not only that, but the conversation about Grieve's posts had already all but reached its natural conclusion. Some of us think it's embarrassing for the club, some disagree with him but also dont care, and some probably agree. Conversation over. 

Instead it's moved onto pages of false equivalency. None of us know how Kane voted because he isn't telling all of twitter about it, unlike Grieve. If Kane isn't polluting his twitter with it, then I don't care how he voted (at least in terms of how he represents the club). 

Mindboggling that Sainthearted's failure to grasp that obvious point has led to pages that might otherwise have been avoided. 

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Pathetic post.

Politics is linked to almost everything in life. Decisions made by politicians affect our lives. Political beliefs shape one’s thinking in life. That’s the way it is. If you don’t like it then perhaps being an adult isn’t for you, buddy.

Hyper-politicised bullshit. 

No, your ideological disposition infects everything with, or reduces everything to, politics.

I think what you means to say is politics is the only thing you invest in, or what you invest "meaning" in. However, political ideologies and philosophies don't begin and end with "human existence orbits the state", your ideology or philosophy does. 

So, what do you want to talk about next in a thread about St Johnstone in a forum about the SPL? The validity of linguistic, social and technological determinism? Maybe the distinction between corporatism and capitalism? Perhaps you'd like to discuss contrasting epistemologies and how your investment in a particular epistemology affects St Johnstone FC? 

Or, maybe this all wildly off topic and you could discuss...football. Just an idea 🙄

No, your ideological disposition infects everything with, or reduces everything to, politics.
I think what you means to say is politics is the only thing you invest in, or what you invest "meaning" in. However, political ideologies and philosophies don't begin and end with "human existence orbits the state", your ideology or philosophy does. 
So, what do you want to talk about next in a thread about St Johnstone in a forum about the SPL? The validity of linguistic, social and technological determinism? Maybe the distinction between corporatism and capitalism? Perhaps you'd like to discuss contrasting epistemologies and how your investment in a particular epistemology affects St Johnstone FC? 
Or, maybe this all wildly off topic and you could discuss...football. Just an idea [emoji849]

Dry your eyes you absolute oddball. Sometimes we discuss things on this thread that aren’t strictly St Johnstone related. Sometimes we’ll talk about nightlife in Perth. Other times politics. Sometimes we even discuss mulled wine. Will you start your mewling when we chat about those things as well? If so, I really don’t think this forum is for you. Unless you are willing to adapt then I think you should strongly consider leaving the forum - for everyone’s sake.

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Chris Kane had a baby recently so at least he’s scoring off the pitch I suppose.

Anyone who has a child in 2022 is a top shagger, IMO.

1 hour ago, Sainthearted said:

Or, maybe this all wildly off topic and you could discuss...football. Just an idea 🙄

Does you arse ever ģet jealous of vast amount of shite that comes out of your  mouth ?....Just asking for a friend !

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone who has a child in 2022 is a top shagger, IMO.

Congrats RG.

Also I don’t recall having a pop about SG’s Twitter activity before as I’ve been accused of, though anyone who likes Shankland’s latest deserves a boot in the sack.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Dry your eyes you absolute oddball. Sometimes we discuss things on this thread that aren’t strictly St Johnstone related. 

I'm glad someone finally acknowledged the tenuous link to St Johnstone. 

Actually, the "oddball" comment was the one you made earlier, namely "political beliefs shape one’s thoughts and actions in life". That naturally led me to conclude you actually wanted a discussion about what shapes or determines human outcomes. 

I suggested a number of different factors beyond politics (technology, society and discourse) that people widely believe shape or determine outcomes, including so-called "political outcomes", and you've responded by calling me an "oddball". 🤷‍♂️

So, do you want a discussion about what "shapes thoughts and actions" or not? Or were you simply paraphrasing/regurgitating popular soundbites?

How many human outcomes wouldn't have happened without technology? For example, remove modern agriculture, air travel, the clock, the pill, the television, the internet, etc., from our technological stack and then talk to me about how important politics is, or how much "politics shapes thoughts and actions". 

Actually, do that then review how many of your political beliefs disappear or become outmoded because the technology that facilitated or necessitated them no longer exists. 

So, all of this considered, if technology "shapes one's thoughts and actions in life", maybe this thread is actually the place for "the fermers" to start discussing the importance of the Neolithic Revolution?

I mean, you've concluded your belief politics is the causal factor behind people's thoughts and actions is basis enough to infect this thread with a political discussion, so I can only assume you'll be open to me interjecting every now and again to remind you how relevant a conversation about agriculture would be and how anyone who disparages agriculture is actually some form of heretic who's embarrassing the club. 

After all, technology "shapes ones thoughts and actions in life", and it's not like this is a thread about football or anything... 🙄

1 hour ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Not only that, but the conversation about Grieve's posts had already all but reached its natural conclusion. Some of us think it's embarrassing for the club, some disagree with him but also dont care, and some probably agree. Conversation over. 

Instead it's moved onto pages of false equivalency. None of us know how Kane voted because he isn't telling all of twitter about it, unlike Grieve. If Kane isn't polluting his twitter with it, then I don't care how he voted (at least in terms of how he represents the club). 

Mindboggling that Sainthearted's failure to grasp that obvious point has led to pages that might otherwise have been avoided. 

He liked a tweet

Oh how simple it must be to live in a mindset that reduces a person's professional career, existence or worth to how they engage with a single tweet

Let's disregard the other 34 years of his existence, or rather the millions of actions he's performed throughout the course of his life; this action clearly defines him.

Actually, do we really need to bother with archaic concepts like friendship, dating or marriage? Do we really need to "get to know" people?

Apparently we can understand everything we need to know about another person, including their motives, by reviewing the last thing they engaged with on Twitter.