Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What do we about Crawford BTW?

A total fucking liability 99% of the time but his goals this season are generally vital ones.

There's a chance his goals keep us up while also being one of the most unliked and frustrating players I can remember at Saints. Being largely wasteful is more easily forgiven if he keeps scoring winners though

Plenty of positives tonight.

Thought Cleary,Halberg and Mahon all looked great.Kinda of players that steady the ship.Definitely more urgency,energy and fight about the team tonight from everyone.Still got Bair,Sang and Jamal to come to!

Fans were great again tonight.Lets kick on from here!

That’s the other big positive you hope for from all these new faces, that the existing players all get a huge boost and improve as well.

Every single one, probably with the exception of Clark, has been a lot poorer this season, so it will be massive for us if the lot of them find their form as well. 

Big game on Saturday, got to keep some momentum going with a good result.

20 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

You’ll all hate him but he’ll get another handful of goals and assists and they’ll wind up being the reason we stay up.

This is what I’ve felt about him. He was really poor tonight then pops up with a vital winning goal.  He’s so frustrating to watch, but in a team that doesn’t get many goals it could be the difference as you say.

I suppose that end product is what Davidson saw in him. 

The one other thing I’ll say for him is that he doesn’t hide in matches, always looking to be involved, however limited his contribution.

This is what I’ve felt about him. He was really poor tonight then pops up with a vital winning goal.  He’s so frustrating to watch, but in a team that doesn’t get many goals it could be the difference as you say.
I suppose that end product is what Davidson saw in him. 
The one other thing I’ll say for him is that he doesn’t hide in matches, always looking to be involved, however limited his contribution.

I was encouraged to see him winning the ball back and not being easily pushed off it every time tonight, even if his distribution was honking in some good positions. I think there could be a useful player there for us.

We have plenty of time with him to find out if that’s true at least.

Crawford and May both tried to get involved physically, and while neither were strong enough to actually achieve the feat, it perhaps shows both know their position in the squad is hanging by a thread.

Suspect a few arseholes have started twitching amongst players who assumed they were safe.