Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Cardiff seem to think Sang will be here as box too box mf, not a wb 

Daresay he could end up doing both? Depending on Rooneys injury.

Would add an extra "makes sense" to the deal if he is comfortable playing both.

I enjoyed David Weatherston getting asked, with complete sincerity, about whos bigger out of Bair and Daal, and just assuming it was dirty 😂

Just now, double deluxe said:

I’m told that’s business done for today.  Loan window still open for lower league for a few more weeks, expect a couple to go out. 

Would've liked a winger tbh, we still feel horrendously short there to me, but I think Bair has played there before?

Pretty much confirms we can't change shape now either.

All in they've at least tried something with the squad in this window so f**k it, lets see where it leads.

If that's the way our transfer window ends, I'll be very satisfied. Could have arguably done with another wide attacking option or another advanced midfield option... but by the sounds of it, our two most recent signings are relatively versatile and both capable of playing in alternative positions if that's ever required.

1042784015_lineup.thumb.png.96df436b01238bd6cabac177cd14c1f6.png

Can't say he doesn't have options now, even if the quality of many is still be determined.

I honestly wouldn’t be sad if we didn’t sign any of those who’s names are in red beyond this season, obviously id be delighted if we retained a couple but for the first window in a while it feels like we’re really planning ahead.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I doubt we’re seeing anyone else, so out of 10 how do you rate the window?

Maybe a 5/6?

Really no idea how many of these signings will pan out and I don't think nearly enough was done to improve our attack. We're reliant on a totally unknown striker who'll likely take weeks to adjust at least, and Callum Hendry, to turn our season around.

Intent and forward planning was there though, so it gives us a chance.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

1042784015_lineup.thumb.png.96df436b01238bd6cabac177cd14c1f6.png

Can't say he doesn't have options now, even if the quality of many is still be determined.

Why do you have McCart in front of Mahon? Thought he wouldn't get a game now?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why do you have McCart in front of Mahon? Thought he wouldn't get a game now?

Because I was doing it by % of mins played. 

I got bored by the time I reached midfield and just done it by contract situation after tbh.

14 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I doubt we’re seeing anyone else, so out of 10 how do you rate the window?

6, but if we stay up as a result it would have to be a 10.

You just have to wonder where we'd be if we had done similar in the summer.

The fact we have paid some fees and signed younger players is pleasing. Do we know how much we spent on fees in this window? At a guess I'd say c£250k which must be the most in any season this century? 

Seeing Gregory Tade describe David Goodwillie as a "good lad who made some mistakes when he was young" has genuinely just broken my heart.

Looking forward to seeing how Bair gets on in Scotland. Nice to have another Canadian to follow at McDiarmid Park. 

I've watched him a lot over the years and I hope this is the opportunity he's been needing. He looked like he had real potential and then he got stuck on a Vancouver side that doesn't play their own youth players and were also playing a dire, defensive style that didn't suit anyone, but really made playing up front a thankless task. Bair would get a rare appearance and then be trying to close down the back four as they knocked it around and trying to do something with clearances vaguely aimed in his direction.

That being said he got a chance to have a bigger role for the Canadian U23s in Olympic qualifying and had a really poor tournament. I was thinking he might just not amount to much and maybe the lack of playing time when he was 20 and 21 had held him back, but it looks like he did better in Norway as his side won promotion, so hopefully he'll continue to improve.

It's hard to understate just how big of a man he is. That photo of him has to be really old because his hair hasn't been that short in years. And, his full first name is Thelonious (as in Monk), do with that what you will.