Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Wee Max has been called back to be involved in the fight apparently.

Brechin fans did rate him high but you wonder what an 18 year old who’s only Scottish football experience is highland level can do.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Brechin fans did rate him high but you wonder what an 18 year old who’s only Scottish football experience is highland level can do.

He's 19.and injured 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

From what I've seen, which is around 10 games he's been involved in, is he reminds me a lot of Ali Crawford. That's not meant to sound as damning as it does because he's a young guy with bags of potential. He's technically very good, decent shot and set plays, very lightweight and can have a habit of looking like he's running round in circles because his positional sense looks suspect. He seems to have impressed when back at Saints though so may be better. When Crawford plays it's mostly an empty jersey so no harm in throwing him in imo.

Want: RWB, creative AM/WF and another energetic CM, if being greedy.

Would seem crazy that we'd go into this window and not sign a new player for the advanced/wide midfield roles in the system(s) we play but a RWB has to be priority today as we won't stay up with one James Brown having to play there, no disrespect to him as he tries really hard.

Dont know why we don't just recall Ballantyne to be honest. 

It may well be the case that you can't recall him. If the extension that he signed at Montrose counts as a new loan deal then you can't recall him in the same window as far as I'm aware.

Want: RWB, creative AM/WF and another energetic CM, if being greedy.
Would seem crazy that we'd go into this window and not sign a new player for the advanced/wide midfield roles in the system(s) we play but a RWB has to be priority today as we won't stay up with one James Brown having to play there, no disrespect to him as he tries really hard.

Yes with Rooney and MOH out, an attacking RWB looks essential. Davidson must have seen how limited Brown is going forward in the last 2 matches, arguably against weaker defences as well.

We've signed 4 central midfielders and no wide midfield players. We're riding the 5-3-2 horse to the bitter end, wherever it takes us.

Fucking hell.

What we need is yet another overpaid ex player who contributes f**k all and has a history of serious injuries, complete the fucking set.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Going against the grain I'd hope not. In his last couple of appearances of note he's looked decent, and with Clarke out injured for an undetermined length of time we only really have Cadden for RWB.

Having said that couldn't begrudge him for wanting out, scapegoated by the fans for little reason I can see and rarely gets a kick. 

You know what you are getting with Wright, which is probably not the case with the other options that would have been available today, i.e. loans from England. 

Given how important wing backs and carrying the ball are to TS (the system) then it makes sense I guess but I wasn't the biggest fan last time round. 

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

You know what you are getting with Wright, which is probably not the case with the other options that would have been available today, i.e. loans from England. 

Given how important wing backs and carrying the ball are to TS (the system) then it makes sense I guess but I wasn't the biggest fan last time round. 

Agree with this and I certainly felt last time round there was no real end product but given the amount of times we managed to release Brown into space on the right hand side in the last 2 games, it’s hard to imagine that Wright wouldn’t have managed to pick out someone in the box a couple of times rather than turn back the way Brown did