Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I can’t believe what I just read.

Haggis, neeps and Tatties in a pie?
Send me the butchers name who produced them now.
Unfortunately the supplier is unknown to me, retailer however is Pie Sports. And yes, was lovely [emoji7]

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Who was it you hardnecked c***s were booing tonight, May or Calum Davidson?

The wind had a major say in that shit show of a game tonight. Still can’t believe we got a clean sheet with that defence 😂

Really? You’ve clearly not been paying attention. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Why would I pay attention to a Saintees thread? It was discussed around me at the game which one of your clubs 2 biggest legends was getting boo’d or was it both?

You’re in it often enough, and I’d imagine you’d keep an eye on the team closest to you in the league. We’ve scored 11 goals in the league all season, 3 of which in one game against you lot when you were in shambles. You could play a back 4 of labradoodles and we wouldn’t be guaranteed to score. 

Given we’ve just stopped a run of 10 straight defeats which equaled the club record run, where the manager has refused to change shape, only making like for like changes in games and he had taken off the one player who looked like he might make something happen for us, I’d imagine the manager was the one on the receiving end of the booing. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You’re in it often enough, and I’d imagine you’d keep an eye on the team closest to you in the league. We’ve scored 11 goals in the league all season, 3 of which in one game against you lot when you were in shambles. You could play a back 4 of labradoodles and we wouldn’t be guaranteed to score. 

Given we’ve just stopped a run of 10 straight defeats which equaled the club record run, where the manager has refused to change shape, only making like for like changes in games and he had taken off the one player who looked like he might make something happen for us, I’d imagine the manager was the one on the receiving end of the booing. 

Honestly the only player that looked like he might make anything happen on the park tonight for both sides was McGinn and possibly Adam. Hendry was pish. 

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Honestly the only player that looked like he might make anything happen on the park tonight for both sides was McGinn and possibly Adam. Hendry was pish. 

Hendry literally had the best chance of the match which he created entirely himself.

I understand you're trying to troll but f**k sakes, theres a line between that and coming across as a moron.

On 23/01/2022 at 23:48, Sainthearted said:

The thing some people seem to miss: yes, the cup double was a truly extraordinary event, but so is everything the happened after it. 

We're one game away from beating the club record for losses in a row. We were founded in 1884. That isn't just a bad run of form, it's an extraordinarily bad run of form. 

We sold two of the best players we've produced in the last decade on deadline day (ie, we gave ourselves no time to replace them). To make matters worse, we sold our best player for a lot less than he's worth and when we were under no pressure to sell him. That wasn't just a bad decision, it was an extraordinarily bad decision.

We were the cup holders and failed to defend our title against a side three leagues below us. That isn't just a bad outcome, it's an extraordinarily bad outcome. 

I say all of this as someone who's on the fence about whether Davidson should be fired, or at the very least disagrees with some of the reasons people cite for why Davidson should be fired. 

Is that down to the manager or the board, though?

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hendry literally had the best chance of the match which he created entirely himself.

I understand you're trying to troll but f**k sakes, theres a line between that and coming across as a moron.

He created or Elliot fucked up? Think it was the latter. If Hendry’s your main man chap on guys 👍

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

He created or Elliot fucked up? Think it was the latter. If Hendry’s your main man chap on guys 👍

Why are you acting as if we don't know we're absolutely shite and getting relegated?

Are you unable to read?

Or that we think Hendry’s some kind of superstar? I thought he was fine last night but we’re talking about shades of shite.

Whoever we bring in today/tomorrow/by the end of the month needs to bring quality. Unproven loanees and assorted other nonsense won’t cut it. It has to be guys that make a difference. Two midfielders, a striker and a winger required as a bare minimum.

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

His post match comments suggest we’ve another couple of bodies coming in over the next few days.

It still feels like too little too late.

He doesn't even realise that he's just confirming he's a shit, clueless, manager by telling everyone he has no idea how to actually change anything so we're reliant on bringing in new players in the hope they magically improve the we play.