Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

There's Livingston signed their Alan Forrest replacement [emoji23]

A 21yr old striker who’s scored goals in previous loan spells and for the literal U.S national team.

I don’t want to come over all banter page, but highly depressing to see our rivals sign players like that while we’re reduced to recalling Hendry without a hint we’re in for anyone up top, besides Rudden (who also went to a relegation rival!) Especially when Livi already have decent strikers. And why is it when we get loanees they’re either 18/19yr old kids who’ve barely played a professional game or shite other teams at similar levels don’t want?

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

A 21yr old striker who’s scored goals in previous loan spells and for the literal U.S national team.

I don’t want to come over all banter page, but highly depressing to see our rivals sign players like that while we’re reduced to recalling Hendry without a hint we’re in for anyone up top, besides Rudden (who also went to a relegation rival!) Especially when Livi already have decent strikers. And why is it when we get loanees they’re either 18/19yr old kids who’ve barely played a professional game or shite other teams at similar levels don’t want?

But we have this superstar head of recruitment who can do no wrong in some peoples eyes…. Yet his first signing was a guy who most likely won’t play for us again as he doesn’t suit our style of play (rightly or wrongly). 

Also there has been far more transfer leaks coming out of the club since July than ever have before 

10 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

Also there has been far more transfer leaks coming out of the club since July than ever have before 

I'm not so sure that's the case tbh.

On a personal note I knew far more about turncoat Tommy's dealings than Callums and I didn't actually stay in Perth at the time.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm not so sure that's the case tbh.

On a personal note I knew far more about turncoat Tommy's dealings than Callums and I didn't actually stay in Perth at the time.

For me there is more and more journalists knowing our transfer business and who we are looking at - in the past it was really only Nicholson and Thomson - now Matty Gallagher Scott burns etc are all in on it - fair enough Matt is new on it but the rest seem to be dipping in

2 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

For me there is more and more journalists knowing our transfer business and who we are looking at - in the past it was really only Nicholson and Thomson - now Matty Gallagher Scott burns etc are all in on it - fair enough Matt is new on it but the rest seem to be dipping in

Scott Burns reports on everyone in Scotland because he's friendly with agents.

If he's getting stories it's from that route rather than anyone at the club.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns reports on everyone in Scotland because he's friendly with agents.

If he's getting stories it's from that route rather than anyone at the club.

But it’s never been to this level about us - we were always very quiet about our business but now it’s out for everyone to see - Forrest, Deas, Rudden, the Swedish guy ex hibs? (Forgot his name) that’s just 4 we have looked at plus now Kirby 

1 hour ago, NYD1997 said:

But it’s never been to this level about us - we were always very quiet about our business but now it’s out for everyone to see - Forrest, Deas, Rudden, the Swedish guy ex hibs? (Forgot his name) that’s just 4 we have looked at plus now Kirby 

I'm guessing it's mainly agents using our desperation to give the illusion of interest to force other teams (who can pay higher wages) into action and that's why it's getting into the media 

58 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I've got the same anticipation of this game as I would a dental checkup.

I was at the dentist yesterday and found it more pleasant / less anxiety inducing than normal so maybe that’s a sign?

If the board (and Callum) didn’t watch tonight and think maybe we need some attacking flair then the whole place is totally f+*ked. 
We can’t just pick up a random attacker. We absolutely must get an creative/attacking midfielder. Without Spoony we are toothless and clearly pointless. Five days to grow a pair

Since we last won we’ve scored three goals in 11 games - one a header from a corner that was turned in by a defender, one a long shot that took a huge deflection past the keeper and one was Kane’s header against Celtic, the only one of those that came from a worthwhile bit of attacking football. Beyond that we’ve created very, very few chances and barely any from good attacking play. We are so dull, one paced, tactically inflexible, lacking in guile, slow. It’s frightening. The lack of changes tonight in a game that was there for the taking have tipped me over the edge.

Every single game it’s the same shape and the same changes. They never come off. It is utterly pathetic. It’s time for a change, and we need probably half of a new starting XI by the weekend as well. We need a miracle.

We are done. I've already made my peace with relegation but it'll be the third time I've seen it and it still feels fucking shite. 

You look at that 11 that started and the only one with a tiny bit of creativity was Ciftci.

Edited by The Saintee