Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

He’s  so suited to the system he loaned him out last season and this season. I don’t have a problem with Hendry coming back, he can’t be any worse than May.  Just have a problem with the manager spouting Shite 

Well last season we played the majority of the time we two attacking players either side of Kane, Wotherspoon + one. Sometimes we saw two strikers up front but it wasnt regular and Hendry was probably seen as about 6th choice as an option up front if you put him behind Middleton/Conway due to the shape.

This season the majority of the time we've played two strikers up front, so his chances of playing are higher.

5 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

We brought more to Dense than you will tomorrow,49 years 😉

Auld bugger, you must be. Probably remember the league being won at Muirton in '62. Lucky.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

The Forrest thing is an example of why the first 10 days of the window were so important, which the manager himself acknowledged. 

It's far easier to sell optimism at that point than after the past week. Lose tomorrow and it'll become even harder. 

There is no way they are still in for targets that were top of the list, so now you are hoping to strike lucky. 

There has to come a point though where we don't just flush money down the toilet on players they know aren't good enough.

So disappointing. 

The Forrest thing is an example of why the first 10 days of the window were so important, which the manager himself acknowledged. 
It's far easier to sell optimism at that point than after the past week. Lose tomorrow and it'll become even harder. 
There is no way they are still in for targets that were top of the list, so now you are hoping to strike lucky. 
There has to come a point though where we don't just flush money down the toilet on players they know aren't good enough.
So disappointing. 

We’ll never know for definite, but I can’t have seen Forrest being someone high up the list of targets in the first place.

Also explains the recalling of Hendry, just in case we can’t get another striker.

Motherwell are delighted to announce the signing of Alan Forrest...

“We would also like to announce the signing of Nya Kirby, Reece Devine and for the hell of it Lars Dendoncker.”

6 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Dan Cleary in the courier "I'll never shy away from a challenge". 

Dan Cleary v Kelty - shies away from a challenge v Austin by going in half-hearted meaning he got crunched and Austin would have been clean through if referee hadn't called it back for a nonsense free kick. 

If anything Austin went in half hearted. Cleary injured himself kicking through the ball and onto Austin's studs. Was never a foul but I don't think you can blame Cleary for that. 

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If anything Austin went in half hearted. Cleary injured himself kicking through the ball and onto Austin's studs. Was never a foul but I don't think you can blame Cleary for that. 

That was my thoughts at the time. Cleary definitely went in to win the ball, which he did. Austin had his studs raised slightly and he kicked through the ball on to his foot. I actually thought Austin was lucky not to be carded at the time, but no blame to Cleary at all for that one. 

From the limited views I’ve seen of Cleary, he gets up the pitch more than the other defenders we’ve got. He also fired a few passes to feet instead of going long which is what we need. Obviously needs to settle and he’s in a poor team, but looks promising so far. Hopefully him and Mahon are up for the fight in a way McCart just hasn’t this season.