Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If the club could add Kirby, Hallberg, Forrest and a striker over the next week then I don't think you could really have asked for much more. Quality of players brought in is yet to be determined but, in general, the permanent deals have all been younger ones on long deals who've earned a chance. No more reliance on loanees apart from Kirby, who seems to get a lot of praise for how he gets about the park, so you can see why they've gone for that.

No idea if that amount of deals, and those players, are actually plausible, but it's nice to see the club addressing current issues while also future proofing. Bodes well for the future regardless of what happens this season now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I'd be happy with two midfielders but not sure I can see it. If it is Kirby he needs to have as many attributes to match McCann as possible: energetic and agile, prepared to tackle and not scared of the football being the priorities. 

Saying four players, it's a lot, but I'm not sure we'll have done enough if we haven't added a RWB, creative/wide midfielder and a forward in addition to at least one CM.

That we are talking about a Premier League U23 on loan already is concerning though. 

13 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Which makes you wonder where we’d be if they’d shown half of this intent in the summer 

Well yeah, but at least it shows some form of progress from then.

Criticising past mistakes is fine as long as you acknowledge when they've learned from it too. This Summer will be the real test of that but so far they seem to have realised short term fixes won't cut it.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, but at least it shows some form of progress from then.

Criticising past mistakes is fine as long as you acknowledge when they've learned from it too. This Summer will be the real test of that but so far they seem to have realised short term fixes won't cut it.

100% moving in the right direction, eventually. HoR starting to have more of an influence?

2 hours ago, Radford said:

I'd be happy with two midfielders but not sure I can see it. If it is Kirby he needs to have as many attributes to match McCann as possible: energetic and agile, prepared to tackle and not scared of the football being the priorities. 

Saying four players, it's a lot, but I'm not sure we'll have done enough if we haven't added a RWB, creative/wide midfielder and a forward in addition to at least one CM.

That we are talking about a Premier League U23 on loan already is concerning though. 

Kirby doesn’t sound anything like McCann, all tricks and flicks, Tranmere fans thought Ali was ahead of him, that was a season ago tbf 

5 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

He’s actually taking the piss out of the fans now. He doesn’t care about the club at all, if he did he would’ve walked already, he only cares about getting paid. 

25EBAB04-7CC7-4FB0-A831-D69C1E50A8CC.jpeg

In fairness, he’s hardly going to come out and say Hendry doesn’t fit his system and we only recalled him because we couldn’t find anyone better

Tbf Hendry thrived under TW when we played 3-5-2, I'm sure that's when his and May's partnership came into its own.

We seem to play that more now than the 3-4-3, which didn't suit Hendry.

18 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

He’s actually taking the piss out of the fans now. He doesn’t care about the club at all, if he did he would’ve walked already, he only cares about getting paid. 

25EBAB04-7CC7-4FB0-A831-D69C1E50A8CC.jpeg

Can someone be an addition if they were already there?

Rennie said the same about Dowds coming back to us earlier this month.