Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Probably best not to have to relive his attempts to jump. 

I think he might be better but you still need to have more mobility than he's shown so far IMO. Legs around him would be a start though. 

🙂 Like a salmon! I like he wants the ball,and plays with his head up,if we can get movement ahead he’ll get better imo

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Should bring Lomas back. At least he had some decent contacts in the game.

At least his teams were fun.

Shame he can't prevent himself flashing his knob at folk.

I'll stick my head above the parapet and say the, rumoured, £50k for MacPherson isn't horrendous.

He's cleary not solving our issues at all and the idea he was a McCann replacement is laughable, but hes not shite and, as part of a squad, would play his part I think. Hes still young enough he might develop into something better too as he gains more experience. Not even the worst CM deal we've announced this month.

The Kevin McDonald links are far more troubling for me, the last thing we need is an ageing CM who has health issues, as shitty as that sounds. We need everyone to be fit and ready to step in, and we have enough CMs we can't rely on being fit.

Suspect a CM + Forrest is the plan for the final two signings, and there'll be some outstanding meltdowns about us not signing a striker beyond Ciftci. 

4 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

Wonder if McDonald can move ok after his kidney transplant.  Only 4 years since his last Scotland call up

Hes not played a single game since a 6 minute appearance in October 2020, his last start was on 15th February 2020, his last 90 minutes on 8th February 2020.

I mean hes maybe still quality, but a 33yo who hasn't played in 2 years and whos still recovering from a kidney transplant is beyond desperation. Theres almost no chance hes up to speed this season if he joins.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll stick my head above the parapet and say the, rumoured, £50k for MacPherson isn't horrendous.

He's cleary not solving our issues at all and the idea he was a McCann replacement is laughable, but hes not shite and, as part of a squad, would play his part I think. Hes still young enough he might develop into something better too as he gains more experience. Not even the worst CM deal we've announced this month.

The Kevin McDonald links are far more troubling for me, the last thing we need is an ageing CM who has health issues, as shitty as that sounds. We need everyone to be fit and ready to step in, and we have enough CMs we can't rely on being fit.

Agree with all of this.  

Hypothetically, would he be more hated that Alan Main if he ended up relegating you while playing for us? I.e last minute winner on last day of the season?
I think there is a player in there somewhere, but it's buried so deep and so inconsistent, I don't think he will be able to make any meaningful use of it. 

No hate from me. Cammy is a nice lad but he wasn’t going to be getting a game for us and I wish him well. He’s right to move to get regular football, it’s not like we wanted him and he chose to go to you instead.
Like you wanted Tanser, but he chose to come to us, for example. Would you hate him if he scored to relegate you?
Scott’s been involved in more goals in his short time here than Cammy was in the last two years with us, and he’s a defender. He got yet another assist at the weekend as we breezed by a tricky away tie to lower league opponents in the cup - which I know isn’t for everyone.

I've never seen anyone try as hard as Lex is, think thats the 5th post hes made today about MacPherson and how he doesn't care hes moved 😂

7 minutes ago, Lex said:

No hate from me. Cammy is a nice lad but he wasn’t going to be getting a game for us and I wish him well. He’s right to move to get regular football, it’s not like we wanted him and he chose to go to you instead.
Like you wanted Tanser, but he chose to come to us, for example. Would you hate him if he scored to relegate you?
Scott’s been involved in more goals in his short time here than Cammy was in the last two years with us, and he’s a defender. He got yet another assist at the weekend as we breezed by a tricky away tie to lower league opponents in the cup - which I know isn’t for everyone.

I hated him when he played for us.

Absolute shitebag.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surely you of all people have clocked that he's not fit to sign for a professional team right now. He's jumping from team to team around Tayside in order to train and probably try to prove he's got something left to give (and trust me, I'd love it if he could regardless of who it's with), but next it'll be Arbroath and after that Montrose. I'll be surprised if he plays again tbh, though I'd love to see it happen at any level.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Surely you of all people have clocked that he's not fit to sign for a professional team right now. He's jumping from team to team around Tayside in order to train and probably try to prove he's got something left to give (and trust me, I'd love it if he could regardless of who it's with), but next it'll be Arbroath and after than Montrose. I'll be surprised if he plays again tbh, though I'd love to see it happen at any level.

Callum Davidson turning down a 30+yo who played for Scotland a decade ago?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I must admit I’m a bit bemused that Scott Tanser seems to be a stand-out in St Mirren’s best team of the last 31 years.

Strange days indeed, you lot have just paid us a transfer fee for a player none of your supporters want. 

I've never seen anyone try as hard as Lex is, think thats the 5th post hes made today about MacPherson and how he doesn't care hes moved [emoji23]

You’d think you’d signed our star player 🤣 He couldn’t get a game for us and he’s been getting almost universally negative reviews from your fans (particularly yourself) since you signed him on loan in August. Yet you’ve paid us a fee to sign him…. I’m delighted with this bit of business from our club. How do you feel about it?

4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Strange days indeed, you lot have just paid us a transfer fee for a player none of your supporters want. 

Nothing strange about that these days. The second time our fans have felt we’ve chased good after bad this month. You never know you, maybe we’ve got a couple more up our sleeves yet too.