Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 hours ago, Radford said:

Much been made of fact this has equalled the club record for defeats. That was set in 1975/76, which some will obviously remember for all the wrong reasons, but we actually had two runs of 10 defeats in that campaign, in the space of just 23 games... 

1687276322_Screenshot_20220124-0840262.thumb.jpg.bf421caf607c4cb6b31cf3f27778533b.jpg

11 points in total that season, 0.305 ppg. Adjusted for 3 points for a win is still only 0.368 ppg. That must be the lowest ever for the top division.

There was a very brief period right before lockdown where May and Hendry looked like an extremely good partnership. Unfortunately that’s roughly when both of them last had a good game in the Premiership.

Couldn’t hurt to give it another punt right enough.

16 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

There was a very brief period right before lockdown where May and Hendry looked like an extremely good partnership. Unfortunately that’s roughly when both of them last had a good game in the Premiership.

I'd much rather see him playing alongside, or just in front of Ciftci, the pair of them bringing a bit of strength and chaos that's the opposite of what we've had. We can't keep playing May just because he's on a wage. 

Appreciate that Hendry struggled with goals and disciple for a lot of his time with us but I've always thought that there's a bit of a player in there and I've never thought he was as poor as other saints fans do. Maybe the relegation fight, and that he's definitely on his last shot at a decent contract (here or anywhere else) in the next 3 months will be the motivation he needs. Not saying Kane, Ciftci and Hendry gives us a top 6 striking department but surely that's it's just enough to stay up, if they get any kind of service. 

We obviously still need more but please, please let the next signing be a midfielder. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

40 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

May and Hendry were very good together in that spell.  It gave a lot of hope going into the following season.  Seems crazy now that Hendry at that time was seen as almost as hot a prospect as McCann, Kerr and the rest.

I get the numbers thing, that it wasn’t sustainable etc but he’d looked the part. I liked him and was disappointed Davidson couldn’t get the best out of him.

But as soon as the season started and the manager was hell bent on  the 5-2-3 with strikers as defenders, it wasn’t going to work with Hendry.

He’s a limited player in build up play, but he has far more hunger to score than any of our other forwards. As a sub in tight games, he might provide a couple of goals.  Or a red card.

Bombard Dundee in quality deliveries from out wide and see if Cifti/ Kane or Hendry can get on the end of one. 

7 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I think he’s a decent player,but we give him very little options,good with both feet,but so little movement from us stifles his use of the ball imo

Yes I thought he looked good on the ball, very two footed. Strikes a ball well.  He is weak in the air and a bit slow, but I think he’s probably as good as we’ve got for centre midfield right now.

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

May and Hendry were very good together in that spell.  It gave a lot of hope going into the following season.  Seems crazy now that Hendry at that time was seen as almost as hot a prospect as McCann, Kerr and the rest.

I get the numbers thing, that it wasn’t sustainable etc but he’d looked the part. I liked him and was disappointed Davidson couldn’t get the best out of him.

But as soon as the season started and the manager was hell bent on  the 5-2-3 with strikers as defenders, it wasn’t going to work with Hendry.

He’s a limited player in build up play, but he has far more hunger to score than any of our other forwards. As a sub in tight games, he might provide a couple of goals.  Or a red card.

Bombard Dundee in quality deliveries from out wide and see if Cifti/ Kane or Hendry can get on the end of one. 

I’m sure there will be plenty of quality deliveries from James Brown on Wednesday night 

We've paid a fee for McPherson!
This is a reverse minibus situation...

This is some banter season you’re having, by the way. Bottom of the league, ten defeats in a row, out the cup to a fourth tier side and paying a fee for a guy who couldn’t get a game for us.
Thanks for the cheese.

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

This is some banter season you’re having, by the way. Bottom of the league, ten defeats in a row, out the cup to a fourth tier side and paying a fee for a guy who couldn’t get a game for us.
Thanks for the cheese.

Tells you everything you need to know that I don't have the slightest bit of fear about us facing Cammy MacPherson in games later this season.