Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Commiserations! Genuinely.

Football has its ups and downs. I'd happily accept going out to minnows next season for two trophies this year. You were a wee bit unlucky, too.

I hope you stay up, so long as it's not at our expense. 

Make the call lads, Maybe your prodical son, Turgid Tommy, will return to save your sinking ship. That's how it goes right?

If he was to return there’d be some awkward questions on his remarks when he took the Killie job.

I’d rather we looked elsewhere if Davidson is removed.

45 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Make the call lads, Maybe your prodical son, Turgid Tommy, will return to save your sinking ship. That's how it goes right?

Funny enough he was at the game with Geoff and Stevie Broon today 

I don't think Tommy Wright would be a success if he returned and I don't think it be right for him to return, I suspect thats a minority view though. I'd rather see us try and move forwards than hope we can just repeat what worked previously.

In saying that, if it was a straight choice between him or Davidson then its a pretty straight forward call.

I don't think Tommy Wright would be a success if he returned and I don't think it be right for him to return, I suspect thats a minority view though. I'd rather see us try and move forwards than hope we can just repeat what worked previously.
In saying that, if it was a straight choice between him or Davidson then its a pretty straight forward call.

I may be 10 cans deep, but….

718531ddf2b451d2a0794d3c5bd32c74.jpg

Just now, mizfit said:

I may be 10 cans deep, but….

718531ddf2b451d2a0794d3c5bd32c74.jpg

I'd be happy with that as a punt tbh, fits the "profile" of manager we seem to like.

Highly doubt he'd be willing to make his first job a relegation one though, so probably more chance of him in the Summer. Theres zero chance we can have Callum Davidson trying to win us a division.

32 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Spent an hour reading the new stuff. Simply GLORIOUS!

If you don’t at least draw against us, and we are absolutely shite, then the balls burst.

Probably on the top 10 moments of being a Dundee fan in the past 20 years Spud eh? 

Fair play, we are dreadful and deserve it so wire in. Celebrate and enjoy. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Cammy MacPherson situation sums up our season btw, just a total farce.

If the story is true, you have offered him a PCA and we brought him back to squeeze a fee. I just hope it doesn't cost the lad a contract if your manager gets punted. 

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

If the story is true, you have offered him a PCA and we brought him back to squeeze a fee. I just hope it doesn't cost the lad a contract if your manager gets punted. 

According to JG he's already agreed a contract with St. Johnstone. Our obligation is now to just offer him a minimum of what he's already on with us to get a development fee. Either that or we agree a fee with St. Johnstone for him to leave now which is most certainly our intention here.

Edited by djchapsticks

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Tommy Wright to shout at folk for 4 months then Jody to take us forward in the summer is the way forward.

Would not love this route in the short term, but do think it could work for the club. 

The Cammy MacPherson contract situation is hilarious. Once again Brown showing he's what some folk think a good business leader looks like, because he appears competent in running the medium-sized local builders he inherited. This is (literally) a different ball game. 

Defeat on Wednesday will be like squeezing a massive plook. A load of manky pus will erupt but ultimately the pressure will be off as most fans will be absolutely resigned to meekly accepting relegation. Hopefully will mean a new manager can come in with nothing to lose and try some different ideas.  

7 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It's really bad times when even StMirren are trying to pull your pants down.

The ironic thing is up until now we had no intention of bringing him back. 

It reads pretty shite from St Mirren tbh, taking advantage of a side on their knees for a quick buck is poor especially when the agreement was he'd be with us for a season and St Mirren have no intention of playing him. But that's football and if the loan agreement meant St Mirren could recall him this month without our permission then anyone with a brain could've anticipated this.

Whole thing is easily avoided if we either avoid giving him a contract he's not deserved/avoid officially giving him the contract until after the window has shut/didn't have stories leaking in the papers every week that we're chucking 6 figure fees about.

Now we'll likely have to waste a fee on someone who we had for the season anyway, who isn't even good enough to help us stay up.