Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're surely not claiming we're only playing a back 3 because thats the only shape the CBs can play?

McCart made his name at ICT in a back four and regularly played well there under TW. Gordon has played well in a back four too.

If they're now unable to play a back four then its become the manager has drilled them completely into the back three shape. Its not realistic for us to have to sign a whole new backline every time he wants to change our shape.

Callum says he is playing this system because the players he inherited are suited to that system. Now he has his own players in let's see what his favoured system is....

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Callum says he is playing this system because the players he inherited are suited to that system. Now he has his own players in let's see what his favoured system is....

Surely hes not going to shift the blame for us playing this way on that?

7 of our starters today were signed by him.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He already has, he's turning on any c**t he can. Operation save big hobbit is in action.

Yeah I know whats been happening on that side of it, I just assumed he'd show some humility at some point of this debacle tbh. Blaming others and telling fans blatant lies, like this morning, will do him more harm than good.

I'm not even sure he understands how many people are willing to do whatever they can to help him if he'd simply just ask.

Edited by RandomGuy.

“We need two or three more. I need players who are going to fight because it’s going to be a tough few months.”

Signs Crawford ... then today  “Cammy MacPherson has agreed a pre-contact with us so St Mirren recalled him.  “He played well the other night at Hearts so we will try to get something done."  Based on one half decent game in which we were well beaten??

Disturbing ....

Can I just say boys I met in the pub were a hoot , great atmosphere in and around the park the day , thought you had first 10 mins of each half then a bit of a meh game in between but big Agyeman coming on turned it and your defenders didn’t like him running at them , heard Gordon raging at a few teammates about getting fucked into him , overall well chuffed for us and thought we deserved it in the end