Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Let me just get this straight.

Cammy MacPherson has largely been dreadful, but we're dangerously short on midfielders. The obvious plan of action would have been to go about our business quietly, keep a hold of him until the end of the season for squad depth reasons, and then send him packing at the end of the campaign.

Callum Davidson's solution: Offer him a thoroughly undeserved pre-contract, resulting in his current club taking him back and demanding money for his return.

Is this correct?

Apparently so.:lol:

Jim Goodwin sets out St Mirren stance on Cammy MacPherson as he tells St Johnstone to cough up if they want midfielder back - Daily Record

Listening to Dick Campbell last week on the "Sacked in the morning" podcast he said his first piece of advice is not to ask players what they cannot do. Watching Jason Brown this afternoon being ask to be an all action wing back couldn't help thinking Davidson really could do with taking on those words.

The comments this morning about not having a preferred formation is insulting - we can all see it week after week of players being asked to do roles they cannot. This formation worked last season because we had four full backs that could play that roll - only one is currently left. We had a midfield that backed the forward players with pressing particularly Wotherspoon, Bryson and most importantly McCann. None of that from the likes of Crawford.

Need to change it for the players we have or proform miracles in the next 7 days in the transfer market.

12 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Let me just get this straight.

Cammy MacPherson has largely been dreadful, but we're dangerously short on midfielders. The obvious plan of action would have been to go about our business quietly, keep a hold of him until the end of the season for squad depth reasons, and then send him packing at the end of the campaign.

Callum Davidson's solution: Offer him a thoroughly undeserved pre-contract, resulting in his current club taking him back and demanding money for his return.

Is this correct?

Seems so.

Unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/Shairpie/status/1484951251322163200?t=3Qggd8UOM33mh-x0vHaZtQ&s=19

Pretty brutal viewing. Really awkward. Fair play to Liam Craig, probably prevented it from being much worse. Looked like Clark wanted to lamp someone. Imagine if Rooney was there. 

Have been in some poisonous atmospheres before but obviously never been within touching distance of the manager and team like that.

With 15 minutes to go in ET tonight there wasn’t a single player who looked desperate to get an equaliser. No urgency and no desire to save ourselves. The scenes at the end between players and fans were ugly. I’ve never seen anything like that in the time I’ve supported St Johnstone. People saying the scenes were disgraceful - I’d say tonight’s performance and the recent run of results is disgraceful. Our transfer business has been disgraceful. Some of the team selections have been disgraceful. Yes we’ve been blessed with our golden era and some of the young fans won’t know anything other than success. But this isn’t like we are having a poor season, maybe scraping just above the relegation zone, finishing in the bottom half and then maybe just falling away slowly to relegation another season. It isn’t that. We are plummeting down. We can’t score goals. We’ve just suffered a humiliating cup defeat - one of the worst results in our history. Fans have a right to be angry. What a mess.

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

https://twitter.com/Shairpie/status/1484951251322163200?t=3Qggd8UOM33mh-x0vHaZtQ&s=19

Pretty brutal viewing. Really awkward. Fair play to Liam Craig, probably prevented it from being much worse. Looked like Clark wanted to lamp someone. Imagine if Rooney was there. 

Have been in some poisonous atmospheres before but obviously never been within touching distance of the manager and team like that.

That link isn't working for me.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That link isn't working for me.

It's been deleted Tam.

Fans all, mostly going mental and abusing the players.

Zander squaring up to someone.

Middleton getting it tight in particular.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

There is no finer sight in nature than a potential banana skin being turned into an actual banana skin.

Enjoy your evening Saintees.

...and we've drawn Kelty, so there's a decent chance this could be biting me right on the arse. FFS.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

...and we've drawn Kelty, so there's a decent chance this could be biting me right on the arse. FFS.

TBF I think you'll be fine. Not sure how to say this without it just sounding salty but they didn't even look Championship level until they went a goal ahead and we lost all shape.