Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

It would also leave us, still, without anyone really capable of playing on the right of the front three. 

I'd guess it depends what happens with RWB if you'd need anyone, as stupid as that sounds.

Clark

Cleary - Gordon - Mahon

MOH - CM - CM - LWB

Ciftci - Kane - Forrest

In attack it becomes a 4-4-2 type with Forrest left wing, MOH right wing, and your front two being a front two.

In defence its a back 5 with MOH dropping and Cleary going more central, do our usual of having one of our strikers defend wide, probably Ciftci so Kane is left up for any hopeless hoofs.

No idea how well that would work tbh, probably depend entirely on the two CMs.

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Think Gordon is suspended for Dundee match

So, if Mahon isn't signed by then, we'll have RWB options of Brown or MOH, and CB options of McCart, Cleary and Ambrose?

The universe is literally screaming at us now to go to a back four.

So, if Mahon isn't signed by then, we'll have RWB options of Brown or MOH, and CB options of McCart, Cleary and Ambrose?
The universe is literally screaming at us now to go to a back four.

You may want to check the most recent article from Nicholson.

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

You may want to check the most recent article from Nicholson.

“For me, I don’t have a preferred system."

chewin-the-fat-karen-dunbar.gif

Edited by RandomGuy.

41 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

So what sort of player is McCart lads?

*shrugs*

When the going got tough this season he disappeared when we needed him to step up. Sounds like we've already got a replacement in place already.

I'd rather not sell him this month but if Dundee chuck 6 figures at us then I wouldn't criticise the club for accepting it.

Some fall from grace if he ends up at Dundee. 
Unless it's heaps more cash, he's too hard headed to stay where he is but has f**k all else interest.

Probably indicative of the shambles at Perth right now. The magic that bound Sainties is gone. Just need to see if he can take the step up in his stride.

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Some fall from grace if he ends up at Dundee. 

Unless it's heaps more cash, he's too hard headed to stay where he is but has f**k all else interest.

Saints moved on to look at LCB options for next season a while back as it was clear he wasn't staying and desperately wanted the Hibs move. Now it looks like Hibs have no interest, we've got alternatives in place, and he's having to scrabble about for any top flight interest at all.

Saints moved on to look at LCB options for next season a while back as it was clear he wasn't staying and desperately wanted the Hibs move. Now it looks like Hibs have no interest, we've got alternatives in place, and he's having to scrabble about for any top flight interest at all.

Hope his replacement works out better than Davidson’s efforts so far*.

*clearly I really hope they continue to be utterly hopeless.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, I'm sure Davidson no longer wants him at the club and still wouldn't give him a very decent contract if McCart was interested.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, I'm sure Davidson no longer wants him at the club and still wouldn't give him a very decent contract if McCart was interested.

We sign his replacement this weekend on a multi-year deal after paying 6 figures to sign him. Not long after we offered 6 figures for someone else who would've been replacing him. Davidson doesn't even want him in the starting line up.

If we wanted to offer McCart a huge deal we would.

He made it clear he wanted to leave this Summer, which was his right to do, so the club made plans to move on and have now acted on them as he's free to speak to other clubs.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We sign his replacement this weekend on a multi-year deal after paying 6 figures to sign him. Not long after we offered 6 figures for someone else who would've been replacing him. Davidson doesn't even want him in the starting line up.

If we wanted to offer McCart a huge deal we would.

He made it clear he wanted to leave this Summer, which was his right to do, so the club made plans to move on and have now acted on them as he's free to speak to other clubs.

Honestly, if that helps you contain your disappointment, feel free to believe it.

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Lots of flexing going on for signing a bombscare 4th choice centre half TBH.

Especially considering hes not even signing for Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Lots of flexing going on for signing a bombscare 4th choice centre half TBH.

He's pish and I don't want him, but he's still considerably better than what we have. I also doubt he's actually signing for us.

4th choice right enough though. :lol: