Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Having watched the highlights of it last night, and remembered about the game, the cup tie away to Falkirk was hilarious as they had absolutely no way of stopping him at corners.
Just stood on the 6 yard line and got the ball plopped onto his head.

I honestly remember every game we chased a winner or a draw he’d end up playing up top just to header balls on.

Was always quite funny when he ended up having to play with it at his feet.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Was always quite funny when he ended up having to play with it at his feet.

There'll be no Kevin James slander accepted here! 😂

Just on the pitch for the headers. Used to love when he went up for a corner and a team countered from it, 3 of his giant steps and he was back in our box.

Kevin James was an absolute hero.

Could guarantee in tight games at McDiarmid he'd pop up to sicken your happiness.

A favourite was when his knee was goosed and he knew he was getting an op soon but he played through the pain and notched the winner at McD.

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Well, let’s hope we’ve someone else lined up.

As I said last week, if we really wanted him it would've been done ages ago and rather than offering a fee to Partick we would've just threw that at the contract. One thing I will say is I don't think he's as good as the last few strikers picked up from the championship, he also has a worse record than Kane when he was in there......

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

McCart either had his head turned by Hibs, thinks he's achieved all he needs to after last season or needed Kerr holding his hand for 90 minutes. 

He's been consistently dreadful this season so some competition might just do him good. Or he's off this month.

Who would buy him on that form though?

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Who would buy him on that form though?

The rumour was Dundee were speaking to him about a PCA. First 18 month McCart is a huge loss, this season's McCart probably weakens Dundee.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Glad I’ve done popcorn in the cupboard. That banter page could be fun tonight.

Be simultaneously saying Rudden joined Dundee because Steve Brown doesn't spend enough and Dundee overspend, before demanding we sign Jermain Defoe.

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The rumour was Dundee were speaking to him about a PCA. First 18 month McCart is a huge loss, this season's McCart probably weakens Dundee.

Liam Fontaine would argue differently.

Awful, awful CH.

Be simultaneously saying Rudden joined Dundee because Steve Brown doesn't spend enough and Dundee overspend, before demanding we sign Jermain Defoe.

It’s not quite there yet. Might go throw a firework in just for a laugh.

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It’s not quite there yet. Might go throw a firework in just for a laugh.

I'd hold off until McCart signs his PCA with Dundee.

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Has he ever played as a wing back for you lot?

I don't think so but he was dropped a lot in his first season here by Martindale because he did absolutely zero defensive work or tracking back. I think it was something he worked on after that though. I'd imagine he's way too small and lightweight for that role defensively also

Edited by ATLIS