Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

what a season that was, btw, despite how it ended.
Winning the league from this situation looks impossible.

Next week must be the Gretna game where we scored a last minute winner to win 2-1.

Heavy rumours beforehand that Alan Main had signed a pre-contract. East stand felt packed from memory for it.

If we’d had Main in goals that season we won the league. Instead we had a crocked Kevin Cuthbert, Bryan Halliwell and Michael McGovern on loan for a few games where he still managed to chuck the ball in the net. Great fun watching us that season though. 

If we’d had Main in goals that season we won the league. Instead we had a crocked Kevin Cuthbert, Bryan Halliwell and Michael McGovern on loan for a few games where he still managed to chuck the ball in the net. Great fun watching us that season though. 

I’m sure for about 2 seasons Coyle kept signing keepers to replace Cuthbert, only to sign someone who was either worse or just not up to scratch.

Remember Mark Paston? I had an aneurysm when I realised he was playing for New Zealand against Italy a few year later during the World Cup.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Next week must be the Gretna game where we scored a last minute winner to win 2-1.

Heavy rumours beforehand that Alan Main had signed a pre-contract. East stand felt packed from memory for it.

Yeah I don't think I got my usual seat for that one, which usually means it's virtually sold out.

I remember nothing of the game, only the new sponsor boarding things along the East Stand side kept blowing onto the pitch, never saw them again after that game.

Still maintain the best keeper we had in that spell of a couple of seasons was an 18 year old Alan McGregor on loan. Unbelievably good for 6 months, then he was replaced by Craig Samson, what a downer that was! 

Paul Sheerin was an absolute wizard at that level. Used to love watching him just rip apart midfields.

His goal versus Dundee in 2008 must be one of the best I’ve seen at Mcdiarmid.

19 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Wee mental Davie wanting a six-figure fee. 

We'll be wanting more than that, 250k+ apparently. 170k was rejected apparently which is surprising to me.

Martindale said you're off by 30-35% in terms of valuation. Would come out to about 245k-265k or so. I imagine we'd settle for 200k + 15% sell on

Edited by ATLIS

I suppose if you flip it the other way, would we sell one of our better players to livi for less than £100k in this window if it meant we would increase the liklihood of relegation? No, so I cannot see them parting with Forrest now. They might have been willing yo sell him to a team above them in the league though.

Personally, I'm meh about Forrest, but I do wonder if maybe there is a bit of signalling going in to partick over Rudden, I.e we will move onto another target, but may still sign a PCA with him.

None of these failed deals give me much confidence that we are going after the right targets or that we are serious about doing business even if we have identified what the club believe to be the right targets. In the grand scheme if things, what is £50k and so on if it is the difference between relegation or not? I know clubs will know we have cash and look for more, but maybe there is a lesson to be had for the club here when we are on the other side of negotiations.

I'm really hoping that the club is quietly trying yo sign plenty of other players and what is out there is all they are working on at the moment.....

Edited by Theyellowbox

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We'll be wanting more than that, 250k+ apparently. 170k was rejected apparently which is surprising to me.

Martindale said you're off by 30-35% in terms of valuation. Would come out to about 245k-265k or so. I imagine we'd settle for 200k + 15% sell on

Every figure you’ve just provided is six-figures.

Also have it on good authority that Saints’ bids haven’t exceeded five-figures, yet.

Edited by double deluxe

1 minute ago, double deluxe said:

Every figure you’ve just provided is six-figures.

Yeah, it was more so that the post made it seem like Livi/Saints were discussing 50-100k fees

Edited by ATLIS