Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We've offered McCart a PCA. Whether he agrees it or not is another thing completely.
We tried to get Deas under McPake as well but he chose to go to Caley as they guaranteed him first team football whilst we were a bit more reluctant to guarantee it. (He'd have absolutely strolled into our side btw and has much more potential than McCart IMO).

I’m not saying I’d be glad to see him gone, but his attitude since August means I’d gladly drive him to Dens myself.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saints have access to a database with over 120k players, covering UK, Scandinavia, Australia and the US.

Conor Metcalfe was identified last year as a CM option, and ruled out as he's got interest from EFL Championship sides and sides in top European leagues. We simply wouldn't get anywhere near what he wants.

Yes it's called Football Manager 2021

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've offered McCart a PCA. Whether he agrees it or not is another thing completely.

I'd be surprised if he signed anything just now, as he seemed to have his heart set on Hibs and I can fully see him hoping an English side take the leap.

Ruon Tounjik as well avalible on a bosman center back broke into the Australian team

Also read something about Blackpool wanting to sign Declan McManus from Welsh football if that doesn't go maybe he could get goals in the SPL

Arti Barkason left back 20 just broke into Iceland team available on bosman defo a guy that might be worth scouting for a Scottish team

Sven Karic Slovenia International CB avalible on bosman 

All these guys still playing in there own country we have a better league

Karic plays left back as well must be left sided like McCart could be a ideal replacement for him 

Edited by General dissaray

5 hours ago, Radford said:

What would folk say we still need in terms of players, ranked in order of priority?

I think part of the problem here is that in my view we could easily do with another 5 or 6 players, there are issues all over the pitch.  Rooney has been poor this season for example but that's almost forgotten about due to the other areas of the team needing strengthened.  I'd like a proper central midfielder (ideally two) that can get on the ball and dictate play a bit but that's only going to work if he has options to pass it to that are not the players we have at the moment.  If this was a summer window looking at what we'd done then would feel relatively upbeat but it's not, we need points immediately and it all just feels kind of desperate and too late.    

Genuine question, would the draw be for McCart in signing a PCA for Dundee?

Not trying to bait anyone here, but are they paying that much more than us, because otherwise I can see no attraction for the player whatsoever.

Who knows where we will finish at the end of this season, but Dundee have nearly as much chance of going down as us, he’s not going to win trophies there or receive superior coaching.  It would be at best very much a sideways move.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Not trying to bait anyone here, but are they paying that much more than us, because otherwise I can see no attraction for the player whatsoever.

Who knows where we will finish at the end of this season, but Dundee have nearly as much chance of going down as us, he’s not going to win trophies there or receive superior coaching.  It would be at best very much a sideways move.

He'd play in front of an extra couple thousand supporters every other week, would have Derby games (if we stay up) and at this level and the short careers footballers have even £200-300 per week could make a huge difference. How do you know he won't receive superior coaching? I'm not saying he will, but you're assuming his personal relationships with coaching staff and the facilities each club utilise.

I highly doubt he will sign for us, but it's not a stretch. Players move clubs within this league all the time. Look at Tanser for an example.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

From my experience (not professional football obviously) whenever you're within touching distance of the end of a contract you want to tie down the next one asap. 

He might not want to stay at Saints, he might not be confident about getting offered another contract here. Maybe having move for no less money in the bag is a better bet than trying to hold on in case something better appears. Maybe he's even being advised not to count on a bigger offer. 

He'd play in front of an extra couple thousand supporters every other week, would have Derby games (if we stay up) and at this level and the short careers footballers have even £200-300 per week could make a huge difference. How do you know he won't receive superior coaching? I'm not saying he will, but you're assuming his personal relationships with coaching staff and the facilities each club utilise.
I highly doubt he will sign for us, but it's not a stretch. Players move clubs within this league all the time. Look at Tanser for an example.

Tanser move made total sense - even without St Mirren deciding to pay top six wages - because he wasn’t first choice here or offered first choice wages.

Dundee would be a weird move for him. Imagine Dundee do pay more than us but if you go down and we don’t will that still be the case? Again a genuine Q.

Getting real Joe Shaughnessy vibes from McCart tbh, even if he does get a better move than Dundee I sense he’ll be back up here playing for a different set of bottom six dross within a couple years.

4 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Tanser move made total sense - even without St Mirren deciding to pay top six wages - because he wasn’t first choice here or offered first choice wages.

Dundee would be a weird move for him. Imagine Dundee do pay more than us but if you go down and we don’t will that still be the case? Again a genuine Q.

Getting real Joe Shaughnessy vibes from McCart tbh, even if he does get a better move than Dundee I sense he’ll be back up here playing for a different set of bottom six dross within a couple years.

I honestly don't know the inner workings of what we pay, but I would imagine we pay quite a bit more than you except for players you go all out for and even then, we might pay more.

That's not to say you can't pay more than us as I know Brown has his hedge fund that he could dip into yet rarely does.

Tommy Wright tried to tempt Paul McGowan across to you lot for about 3 seasons running. That's what middling clubs do. It's easy to see the logic IMO.

34 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If he plays his cards right he might get to travel to play Crystal Palace in a friendly?  

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

If he plays his cards right he might get to travel to play Crystal Palace in a friendly?  

Seem a bit bitter with that post m8. There's not even anything to be bitter about either.

Seem a bit bitter with that post m8. There's not even anything to be bitter about either.

Side note. I completely forgot this happened until I watched the palace documentary on Amazon and seen Charlie Adam applauding Speroni on the pitch.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not really to be honest, was just trying to think of reasons he might sign for you as nobody else had come up with any.  

Just now, Costanza said:

Not really to be honest, was just trying to think of reasons he might sign for you as nobody else had come up with any.  

Think you're having trouble reading as there's been a few listed.

Anyway, we'll leave it there, don't want to sully the chat about Declan McManus with our pish.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think you're having trouble reading as there's been a few listed.

Anyway, we'll leave it there, don't want to sully the chat about Declan McManus with our pish.

True.  Definitely need more Declan McManus chat in here, can't believe he hasn't been mentioned until today.