Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye another vote here for Paul Wright being the most technically gifted striker I’ve seen play for us. 

Didn’t make it at QPR, but if he was around now wonder what he’d be worth. Think we paid and received about £285,000 for him.

Is there a better striker in the Premiership right now? Genuine question…

Wright could have played centre mid as well I think.  Great passer and strong enough to hold off challenges.  

8 hours ago, shibbydoo said:

But neither particularly surprising

Yeah this. Its been clear for a while now that Clark, McCart and Rooney will be away this Summer.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah this. Its been clear for a while now that Clark, McCart and Rooney will be away this Summer.

Indeed. Every man and their dog at saints knew Zander was off at the end of the season the moment he picked up form. Had he stayed at the bottom of the charts he’s most likely have stayed and not got a better gig, hut nobody is going to begrudge him a move and a bigger payday elsewhere. He’s almost 30, realistically this is his last chance to get a properly large wage on a decent length of contract, just as he hits his prime. Despite being slow on many things transfer wise, saints will have been planning for this one since about September. 

Let’s also not forget that Zander’s agent is Jackie McNamara. 

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

saints will have been planning for this one since about September. 

Here's hoping. Davidson might have decided who he wants by the time June comes along.

Aye, Zander has earned a chance to go elsewhere. It’ll also help him knowing he’s sitting 3rd/4th choice for Scotland just know and I’d imagine he’s aims to try and push into the top 2, he won’t get that opportunity at us.

That is also a dig at the HOR I think. When it comes to keepers, I do like the look of Thistles, but no chance would we have a chance he’s just signed a contract extension.

Cannot begrudge zander. He is hitting the peak age for a keeper and if he both wants to push on and set himself up for life financially, he needs to move now.

I'd like to see what some if the young keepers like Sinclair could do, but will need to have an experienced keeper if we stay up. Parish may get the no.1 spot if we go down. 

Sounds very much like we have lost out on targets and we have no idea what to do now to be honest

I think that’s exactly what’s happened to be honest. Which begs the question, did we have a very specific list of targeted signings, or have we any back ups we can still approach.

The allusion above to chasing agents suggests not.

On 08/01/2022 at 15:32, tree house tam said:

Heard we've lost out on several targets so far but there are other options including ones that weren't there before presenting themselves. Let's just wait and see nearer the end of the window.

21 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think that’s exactly what’s happened to be honest. Which begs the question, did we have a very specific list of targeted signings, or have we any back ups we can still approach.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

The likes of the boy from Patrick I would hate to think we lose out to Motherwell for the sake of a £100k (that is just a speculative price based on nothing) where you just know if he is a success Well will shift him on for a couple of mil 

1 minute ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

The likes of the boy from Patrick I would hate to think we lose out to Motherwell for the sake of a £100k (that is just a speculative price based on nothing) where you just know if he is a success Well will shift him on for a couple of mil 

Said the same elsewhere,we should’ve speculated on Shankland or Nisbet at the time,but we’re  too cautious at times imo