Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 07/01/2022 at 17:46, RandomGuy. said:

You really need to stop this shite BTW. It's now twice you've labelled someone an anti-vaxxer based on them liking a tweet that has nothing to do with promoting that and is all about querying decisions those in power are making.

It's just weird.

I 100% stand by it

If someone is liking tweets about Joe rogan being silenced by unnamed powers and djokovic not sharing his private vaccine status, then they are an anti vaxx moron. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

3 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I 100% stand by it. 

If someone is liking tweets about Joe rogan being silenced by unnamed powers and djokovic not sharing his private vaccine status, then they are an anti vaxx moron. 

You know there's a politics forum on here?

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

As it’s not been announced that Viv is away, wondering if we’re trying to tie him up for the next 5 months?

Think someone (Radford maybe) was saying he's already gone. 

An odd one though. If he was only here to get his fitness back up, I don't think he's achieved that. Still seemed out of shape to me. 

If it was about putting himself in the shop window, not sure that's been achieved, although he's not done himself any harm. He clearly wasn't playing for the jersey and looked like I suppose he is, a very decent player treading water, getting game time and avoiding injury.

Still expect his wage demands would be above what we would pay but suspect there will be other options closer to home for him. Think it's a case of 'goodbye Viv, we hardly knew ye'. 

1 hour ago, FrankChickens1 said:

That's where I'd go if I wanted to discuss politics, rather than the childish gullibility of new saints signings 

What would happen if govt brought in rules around players needing to vaccinated before entry into stadiums or if we say qualified for Europe and needed to travel to a country where people entering needed to be vaccinated. I think it goes beyond gullibility if a) one if our players refuses a vaccine and b) discretely promotes anti vax

I've no idea of Cleary or any of our players vax status, but I think the club should have a right to know as it may have an impact down the line in a practical sense.

I'd be dissapointed in a Saints player who refuses to take a basic health measure. All for free choice, but they cannot complain further down the line when they are restricted as a result. 

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I bet these daft footballers worried about vaccination will be happily using Snus.

Or an anaesthetic when in hospital for an operation, deep heat spray, all sorts of medical interventions that inevitably come with being a profesional footballer.

How many of those advocating against a vaccine would refuse pain kilkers or life saving medicine in hospital if they with about to die of Covid.

4 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Was very excited for the Dan Cleary signing but sad to see he's a moron. 

I wonder if club checked whether he's vaxxed. It could be he's one of those anti vaxxers who have been jabbed. 

Hope he hasn’t been. What a guy

Yeah right enough I'm using "anti vax" slightly beyond what it actually means as RandomGuy pointed out earlier. 

Should have just kept the criticsim to that he's expressing moronic views about covid (supporting Denise welch for example) rather than strictly speaking anti vax

Edit - - And after all that it turns out he is actually antivax... You had another look today RandomGuy? Cleary's clearly an arsehole. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

What would happen if govt brought in rules around players needing to vaccinated before entry into stadiums or if we say qualified for Europe and needed to travel to a country where people entering needed to be vaccinated. I think it goes beyond gullibility if a) one if our players refuses a vaccine and b) discretely promotes anti vax

I've no idea of Cleary or any of our players vax status, but I think the club should have a right to know as it may have an impact down the line in a practical sense.

I'd be dissapointed in a Saints player who refuses to take a basic health measure. All for free choice, but they cannot complain further down the line when they are restricted as a result. 

Why should you be restricted if you choose not to have the vaccine.Surely that's a personal choice.You still get the virus even if you are vaccinated and can still pass it on.Surely daily testing is a more logical way to go.Don't know of any footballers that have burdened the NHS with covid issues due to being  unvaccinated.

6 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I 100% stand by it. (except. For that bit below where I don't) 

Stop drinking out the hot water tap you compete weirdo.

7 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Why should you be restricted if you choose not to have the vaccine.Surely that's a personal choice.You still get the virus even if you are vaccinated and can still pass it on.Surely daily testing is a more logical way to go.Don't know of any footballers that have burdened the NHS with covid issues due to being  unvaccinated.

It is a personal choice, but then the unvaccinated cannot complain when there is a rule in place that does restrict them. Not going to get into how transmissible covid is having the vaccine vs not, but in my view and I accept it is a sweeping generalisation, the folk who tend to refuse the vaccine without good medical reason tend to by complete and utter tubes anyway.

Agree though that daily testing is the best solution in football. 

Think someone (Radford maybe) was saying he's already gone. 
An odd one though. If he was only here to get his fitness back up, I don't think he's achieved that. Still seemed out of shape to me. 
If it was about putting himself in the shop window, not sure that's been achieved, although he's not done himself any harm. He clearly wasn't playing for the jersey and looked like I suppose he is, a very decent player treading water, getting game time and avoiding injury.
Still expect his wage demands would be above what we would pay but suspect there will be other options closer to home for him. Think it's a case of 'goodbye Viv, we hardly knew ye'. 

Aye fair enough, hadn't heard.

Don't really mind either way. He looked like he might have something, but we hardly got to tell due to his limited minutes and impact.

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

It is a personal choice, but then the unvaccinated cannot complain when there is a rule in place that does restrict them. Not going to get into how transmissible covid is having the vaccine vs not, but in my view and I accept it is a sweeping generalisation, the folk who tend to refuse the vaccine without good medical reason tend to by complete and utter tubes anyway.

Agree though that daily testing is the best solution in football. 

Of course they can complain. Especially when the vast majority of the population simply do not need it. The moral high ground people like Frank seem to have is the worst thing happening just now. Leave people alone and let them make their own decisions. It’s all over this forum now, in the football section, tedious and tiresome.