Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

Loans cut short - Plymouth where he didn’t get game time and by reports was an issue (with Derek Adams which isn’t necessary hard as both are rockets)

Caykur Rizespor - left a 2 year deal a month in as fell out with manager 

Last club contract terminated early… 

Got a link to any of those stories?

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nadir sounds like a real low point to me.

On 30/12/2021 at 14:08, RandomGuy. said:

Thankfully I don't think we'll see the club make that type of decision again. This Summer a real nadir for the club, and could be a blessing if it inspires change in how they act towards transfer windows.

Sorry m8, joke was made a while ago...

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The other diddy relegation-threatened teams are presumably cacking their breeks now. With the exception of Griffiths, do any of them possess a box-office striker of this ilk? I don’t think so.

Dundee fans must be confident that *checks notes* Danny Mullen can consistently score the goals for them. Either that or their first bit of transfer business, *checks notes* of bringing Paul Watson in on trial is going to be key.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee fans must be confident that *checks notes* Danny Mullen can consistently score the goals for them. Either that or their first bit of transfer business, *checks notes* of bringing Paul Watson in on trial is going to be key.

Feeling your rage at the Guy Demel vibes this signing has gave off tbh.

The other diddy relegation-threatened teams are presumably cacking their breeks now. With the exception of Griffiths, do any of them possess a box-office striker of this ilk? I don’t think so.

United will possibly have Twatt?

I’d have taken a punt on him at Dens tbh. The boy can play football but there is obviously baggage and it strikes me part of Sainties success has been avoiding the nut jobs that we have chased so assiduously.

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

We still have:

The Joker Smile GIF by Xbox

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I actually thought it was more Sinamma Pongolle than Demel. 

Time will tell. 

In his Perthshire hell. 

Keenan and Kel. 

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can definitely see parallels between United signing a 34yo DM who hadn't played for 5 months who had no experience of Scottish football, and us signing a 29yo striker in January who's played over 100 games in this division.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I actually thought it was more Sinamma Pongolle than Demel. 

Time will tell. 

In his Perthshire hell. 

Keenan and Kel. 

Indeed, I just couldn't be arsed trying to spell his name!

11 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Ciftci looked good in flashes for us without ever threatening to be prolific.

Still an improvement on our current striking options tbf.

2 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

For the first time I'm worried about Eetu's future. Maybe a loan to the championship could be a good way to test his level. 

He'll be away back to Finland IMO. Probably something like a loan with agreement to get our money back if he does well.

Still an improvement on our current striking options tbf.

I see this a a exciting signing that if he is handled right as the main striker starting every game getting maybe 60 minutes has the potential to be successful.
No point in him coming on with 10 minutes to go. He needs to feel he is the main man.
This could help the other strikers up their game.

Happy with this signing - always liked him at United and thought he was the one in that side that had a bit of fight when we seemed to constantly outbattle them. Obviously can be hot-headed but clearly talented. Think he's another alongside Cleary and Gallacher who look like being suited to the current system unlike most of recent signings.

1 minute ago, akuram said:

I see this a a exciting signing that if he is handled right as the main striker starting every game getting maybe 60 minutes has the potential to be successful.

Depends on the set up really.

For as exciting as these new signings are it's all for nothing if the manager is going to persist with thudding the ball long for isolated strikers to chase.

An intriguing signing. Definitely one that could go either way in that he could be a massive hit scoring the goals to keep us up, or he doesn't fit into the system and falls out with the manager and sits in the stand for a few months.

Hes got ability, was always good at holding the ball up, which we've been poor at this season, and can score goals, which we've also been poor at.

I can't see him doing doggies from side to side closing opponents down, so going to be interesting to see where he fits in.