Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rudden is 21, and has 7 goals in 17 games, a goal every 170 minutes, in the league below.

Wighton/Gullan I'd be more confused about, but to me Rudden would make sense.

Bring him in plus a more experienced/proven striker and we've got a new strikeforce.

Or just recall Callum Hendry and save yourself the cost... and hope.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Or just recall Callum Hendry and save yourself the cost... and hope.

I think his time at the club has been over for a while tbh.

This is a great thread, following that comment btw.

From what I can gather our man is convinced Cleary means we're going to a back four because Cleary has never played in a back 3/5 (he has, 5 times in 2021 including against Arsenal). He then gets raging because if hes in a back 3 he'll be replacing Gordon (no idea why), before claiming it'll be a poor signing if we're playing him in a back 3/5 because Shane Duffy got a lower rating on WhoScored at Celtic than he does for Ireland.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think his time at the club has been over for a while tbh.

Bizarre. I think he adds more to you than Kane or May does even if he's shite, he adds a wee bit more unpredictability for the opposing back line than those two do IMO.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bizarre. I think he adds more to you than Kane or May does even if he's shite, he adds a wee bit more unpredictability for the opposing back line than those two do IMO.

When hes good yeah, most often hes not good though so you've just got a stroppy, lazy, player walking about up front trying to get sent off. A player where non-Saints fans only ever see the good bits so think hes class, I think.

Hes had multiple chances and constantly let us down. Away to St Mirren last season we went down to 10 when leading. Totally under the cosh and instead of contributing hes chasing their CM about the park to have a slanging match while the balls on the other side of the park, its just pathetic. When he played this season he was woeful, sure he played 120 minutes against Arbroath and barely touched the ball. Just walking about, away to St Mirren this season ended it for him I think, big chance in the set up he wanted and he just vanished.

He should be great. Hes got a great touch, strong, aggressive, can find space in the box, but theres something missing with him and it lets him down. 

Suspect we'll see a permanent LWB option brought in, which makes sense. Little point in developing players for other clubs if they're not levels above what you can get permanently. I don't think Devine was.

Surprised it’s Dendoncker and not Muller actually, albeit Dendonckers last game showed he’s not ready to be in a relegation battle. His distribution was poor as hell. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suspect we'll see a permanent LWB option brought in, which makes sense. Little point in developing players for other clubs if they're not levels above what you can get permanently. I don't think Devine was.

100%

13 minutes ago, Widge said:

Surprised it’s Dendoncker and not Muller actually, albeit Dendonckers last game showed he’s not ready to be in a relegation battle. His distribution was poor as hell. 

You'd be surprised if Muller doesn't follow.

Ambrose would probably be fine as back up tbh.

McCart, Gordon, Cleary, Ambrose + Rooney as CB options. You maybe want another, or even be brave and punt McCart and use the money to replace him with someone whos interested.

Sign 2 new wing backs and defence would be sorted in terms of numbers.

Feel a lot for the younger players on loan this season. You want to be in a consistent team leaning from Experienced players. Instead we've got them playing in a back line changing all the time with McCart giving the ball away every 15 minutes.

Will be interesting to see what he brings in. In some respect I'd like to see young-ish players brought in with an eye on the future but in our position I actually think we need experienced players who can hit the ground running. We can't afford the time for them to learn and gel.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd be surprised if Muller doesn't follow.

Ambrose would probably be fine as back up tbh.

McCart, Gordon, Cleary, Ambrose + Rooney as CB options. You maybe want another, or even be brave and punt McCart and use the money to replace him with someone whos interested.

Sign 2 new wing backs and defence would be sorted in terms of numbers.

You’re forgetting James Brown is perfectly solid, if unspectacular at anything when played on the right of the defence. I appreciate he doesn’t have any attacking interest, but as back up he’s fairly reliable. 

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

You’re forgetting James Brown is perfectly solid, if unspectacular at anything when played on the right of the defence. I appreciate he doesn’t have any attacking interest, but as back up he’s fairly reliable. 

Says everything about him that I genuinely forget he's at the club half the time.

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - 2022

Elliot Parish - 2022

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2022 - on loan at Brechin City

Craig Hepburn - 2023

Defenders 

Shaun Rooney - 2022

James Brown - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024 - on loan at Brechin City

Hayden Muller - 2022 - on loan from Millwall

Daniel Cleary - 2024 

Efe Ambrose - 2022 

Liam Gordon - 2025

Jamie McCart - 2022

Sam Denham - 2022

Liam Parker - 2022

Callum Booth - 2024

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Murray Davidson - 2022

Craig Bryson - 2022

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Cammy McPherson - 2022 - on loan from St Mirren

Ali Crawford - 2022 - on loan from Bolton Wanderers

Liam Craig - 2022

Jacob Butterfield - 2022

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 - on loan at Montrose

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at Edinburgh City

Bailey Pert - 2023

Spencer Moreland - 2022

Jordan Northcott - 2022

Michael O’Halloran- 2023

Glenn Middleton - 2022 - on loan from Rangers 

Viv Solomon-Otabor - January 2022

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Callum Hendry - 2022 - on loan at Kilmarnock

Taylor Steven - 2022

Eetu Vertainen - 2023

We actually have a starting 11 and subs signed up for next season now. 

I expect we have a left back/wing back on his way in if we’ve sent Devine back. No way we’re doing that without a replacement. Maybe even an upgrade, who knows. 

I’ve left VSO on the list because there’s no word on him either way yet. I think he’s away back down the road though. 

I wonder what the script is with MacPherson's loan? 

I am assuming we don't want him back as you will be taking care of his wages, if it was up to you guys, you'd drive him back down in a heartbeat. Even if CD wants rid of him, i wonder if there is an option to terminate the loan. Suppose we'll find out.

Was a crazy deal at the time with him stagnating with us for a while now, i thought he'd do alright as a squad player coming in for the odd appearance, him being a direct replacement for McCann was mental though but CD wasn't going to come out and say ach he was a last minute panic buy.

Shame, this was probably his last chance saloon to prove hes a premiership player.  

McPherson should be bombed out along with the other loans (other than maybe Middleton who gets a reprieve for his form last season). 

Davidson seems to rate him though, based on very little if his time with us is anything to go by.