Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On a separate note, I hope Saints are getting a refund from Tayside Police and the stewarding firm they employed today. Masses of stewards there - and according to one I spoke to, they were on £18 an hour for a Boxing Day shift - and three police vans in attendance, and they still managed to allow that squad of Celtic fans to stroll into the car park and basically do what they wanted. I can understand why they don't wade in to crowds of 4-5,000 OF fans, but you're not seriously telling me that mob couldn't have been stopped at the gate?
They wouldn't let anyone else in the car park at all without displaying proof they had a ticket. The guy behind me in the queue had got to the top of the car park and was refused entry because he didn't have a copy of the ballot email because his wife had it on her phone, and she was already in the queue to pick up the tickets at the bottom of the hill. What's the point in having them there? They weren't providing any type of security or doing anything to prevent people who didn't have tickets getting into the ground - just coining in a nice little earner for standing around touching themselves in their yellow jackets all afternoon.

The stewarding firm have been a complete joke all year. When we played United the turnstiles weren’t opening. Instead of going of to find out why they started shouting at people to go into the ground.

There was also something very funny about them crowding around the scoreboard end all game as if a normal crowd was there.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Hmm, would’ve been nice to wake up to the news Ali Crawford was being shuttled across the border.

There’s still time I suppose.

Any minute now...

St Johnstone Football Club are delighted to announce we've agreed an undisclosed fee with Bolton Wanderers for the permanent signing of Ali Crawford. The talented 30yo will sign a deal until 2024.

Callum Davidson on the signing: "Ali has been a reliable player for me who's come up with some big goals. I think he can play a big part in the second half of the season and beyond"

Ali Crawford: "It's great to feel wanted and I couldn't wait to sign. Huge thanks to Scott Boyd and the club for getting this deal done"

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any minute now...

St Johnstone Football Club are delighted to announce we've agreed an undisclosed fee with Bolton Wanderers for the permanent signing of Ali Crawford. The talented 30yo will sign a deal until 2024.

Callum Davidson on the signing: "Ali has been a reliable player for me who's come up with some big goals. I think he can play a big part in the second half of the season and beyond"

Ali Crawford: "It's great to feel wanted and I couldn't wait to sign. Huge thanks to Scott Boyd and the club for getting this deal done"

Pop a screenshot of that text on the banter page, stand well back, eat popcorn.

(Except it sits too firmly in “likely and giving me the fear” to really be funny)

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any minute now...

I don't think think I have disliked a Saints player mate than Crawford in a very very long time. Probably the most annoying thing is the absolute lack of effort from him when he/we loose the ball or the opposition ghost past him. We can never have passengers like that and the entire Saints support can see it.

Concerning for me re January signings is that there is no one obvious in Scotland that we can see that would be able to come in and instantly make us better especially up front.

So down to England or further afield we go and that brings risks. I doubt we'd spend meaningful money on a player not from Britain and the amount we would be willing to pay will not get us much from down south.

Plus, many of the clubs with players in our price range will not want to do business until later in the window once they have replacements in (something we failed to do ourselves in the summer). 

Edited by Theyellowbox

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

Hmm, would’ve been nice to wake up to the news Ali Crawford was being shuttled across the border.

There’s still time I suppose.

I have been told by reliable source that he had already signed a 2 and half year deal to be announced In January 

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Christ no. Makes Gary MacDonald look like Kante.

Gary McDonald was always a slightly below average player for me. Ali Crawford sums up our issues in player form. He just has nothing about him at all, other than the 2 good finishes he had in Dundee. 

I kind of want Crawford to sign simply to see the reaction to the tweet tbh.

Literally every comment calling him a shitebag who contributes nothing. I'd genuinely feel sorry for him having to read that, but it would be entirely the managers fault for making it happen.

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Gary McDonald was always a slightly below average player for me. Ali Crawford sums up our issues in player form. He just has nothing about him at all, other than the 2 good finishes he had in Dundee. 

It already looks bleak but this will just cement our relegation. And an embarrassing one at that.