Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Aye, I had some hope he’d see the issues finally, but if he think tactically we’re fine, then we’re up shit creek now. 

I would like to know what's being said behind the scenes. The fact that he's brought up the tactics first and says it's fine does make me wonder if Cleland/Macca and even the players have been on at him to change it up, but his dedication to this system means he won't and it's now just a case of trying to convince himself that he's still right about it.

Because there's no way he can break down recent performances and think he's happy with the positions he's got his players in, it's just not a recipe for success

11 minutes ago, Get_The_Subs_On said:

Absolute state of St Johnstone fans wanting a cup double winning manager, who was shafted by his club in the transfer window, bagged at the first sign of trouble. 
Incredible stuff. 

🤢

Tell me you haven’t watched us play this season without telling me you haven’t watched us play this season. 

12 minutes ago, Get_The_Subs_On said:

Absolute state of St Johnstone fans wanting a cup double winning manager, who was shafted by his club in the transfer window, bagged at the first sign of trouble. 
Incredible stuff. 

🤢

He wasn't shafted by the club, he actually told Steve Brown to sell Ali McCann. Anyone connected to Saints knew as soon as we were out of Europe those two would be off, it's criminal he hadn't identified replacements, although he has said McPherson was McCanns replacement but that's surely a joke right? He's then went on to sign 3 players for Kerr's position with another coming in in January. There's now SIX players in the squad who can play that position. All the while he's failed to sign what we actually need in a striker, resigned MOH and a crippled Stevie  May and has Chris fucking Kane as his main striker. The daft hobbit deserves everything he gets for that shitshow and that's before we get onto formations, subs and off field politics. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

He wasn't shafted by the club, he actually told Steve Brown to sell Ali McCann. Anyone connected to Saints knew as soon as we were out of Europe those two would be off, it's criminal he hadn't identified replacements, although he has said McPherson was McCanns replacement but that's surely a joke right? He's then went on to sign 3 players for Kerr's position with another coming in in January. There's now SIX players in the squad who can play that position. All the while he's failed to sign what we actually need in a striker, resigned MOH and a crippled Stevie  May and has Chris fucking Kane as his main striker. The daft hobbit deserves everything he gets for that shitshow and that's before we get onto formations, subs and off field politics. 

You’re about 12 aren’t you? 

Referring to your most successful manager as ‘daft hobbit’ 6 months after winning a trophy.

Have a word ffs.

32 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Nobody’s interested.  You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. 
Now off you f**k.

Interested enough to reply

im not the bad guy here

shouting for that guy to be sacked is just about the most entitled bullshit I’ve seen in football to date 

wee guys should have their internet access removed 

Saints are in massive trouble. One look at the goals scored column tells you that. Break it down (three came in one game, two are OGs, one a set piece, two speculative efforts that would have very low xG) and it's even worse.

So much of that is on the manager and I'm as frustrated as anyone with him BUT I think you have to give him a chance to do something in January. I know that's a risk and that if he got offered a job in England tomorrow he'd probably be off in a flash but it doesn't sit right with me calling for him to go at this point. I think Saints do reap benefits from loyalty. 

He needs to change things starting this Wednesday though as any patience he does have amongst supporters who watch the team every week won't be immutable. 

The shape has to change. Six defeats on the bounce and no attacking threat. It's at the stage of asking what there is to lose?

I was of the mindset that the team are so uniquely drilled in back three systems that it's too big a gamble when there is no time on the training pitch but, with contemplation, it's hardly going to be reinventing the wheel asking them to play with a back four. 

I do think it would suit our attacking players (maybe not Crawford) better as well but again, it can barely suit them worse than the current system in any case. The short-term problem is we have one striker I appreciate but then it feels square pegs in round holes as it is.

He has to show that he's willing to try something different on Wednesday. Has to.