Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I presume butterfield played under Rowett sometime in his career? 

He played with Bryson, with Rowett as manager, at Derby.

23 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Viv at Birmingham also. This new head of recruitment is doing a hell of a job 

On 12/12/2021 at 14:07, RandomGuy. said:

I guess it depends on how the "system" all works.

If the manager and HOR are both trying to find players to sign then who gets the final say on who you choose? Scott Boyd?

34 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Viv at Birmingham also. This new head of recruitment is doing a hell of a job 

I'm just getting ready for our January signing spree to include Ikechi Anya, Paul Caddis and perma-crock/semi-retired George Thorne, then we'd know Gary Rowett is actually our head of recruitment! 

Gutting for Spoony, but hopefully he is back and good to go for the start of next season. He'll miss the European games obviously, but he is suspended anyway 😄

Flash forward 12 months and he is away to the WC, with Saints sitting in top 6 in premiership going into the WC shut down. Have faith.

Wotherspoon returning in time to toss the Championship around before heading off to the World Cup, then returning to finish the job with the confidence of a World Cup winner.

What a 22/23 season we've got in store.

I’m far more optimistic about our chances of avoiding relegation when we don’t play.

We just need a total of 2 points from ibrox and at home to County to be above Dundee and possibly County.  Even if we don’t manage that, Dundee have got hearts, Aberdeen, Livi away and Utd before the break. 
They will likely gain a few points, but I’d be surprised if its many wins, so we shouldn’t be too far adrift even if we continue our current form.

First league game after the winter break is Dundee at McD with our new look team of ballers.

You don’t need to be great to stay in this league, just a wee bit less shite than a couple of other teams.

We just need to find a way to be more attacking. 

We're perfectly fine defensively and will improve in January. If we could add some attacking threat this month, especially at home, and even just win two games, then you'd see the fans start to get more confident in the team and the team get more confident in themselves. Going into the winter break on a high, with momentum, and then watching the squad improve, could be massive, as I think the fans need to stay behind the club just now. Confidence is everything in a relegation battle maybe, so fans hounding players won't help.

If we do all that, then I think we could stay up comfortably. If not then we'll be in a battle and you never know how that'll go.

Either way I think/hope this will have given the club a shake and we won't end up in this situation again through poor planning.