Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Have the Zander Clark to Rangers rumours still been hovering about after Gerrard leaving or does that seem to have killed it.

Was looking back on some of CD's' comments about January and how it's not just about new faces, but also getting players on longer deals, but then maybe that depends on this month and how likely a relegation scrap appears to be.

I'm half hopeful that Rooney not really shining this season means we have a shot of keeping him

I think the change in manager at Rangersxmaybe helps us a bit come January.

I thought the sake re Rooney. 6 months ago you'd put good money on him being away, but I'm not so sure now. If we improve and get safe, then maybe he will commit. If we look.like potentially going down, how many of them would want to sign up for next season until they know.

I wonder if CD not going will maybe give the team a bit of a bounce. Certainly its not until you think he could have been going do you realise how much of a blow it would be, so for the players too.

6 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Have the Zander Clark to Rangers rumours still been hovering about after Gerrard leaving or does that seem to have killed it.

Was looking back on some of CD's' comments about January and how it's not just about new faces, but also getting players on longer deals, but then maybe that depends on this month and how likely a relegation scrap appears to be.

I'm half hopeful that Rooney not really shining this season means we have a shot of keeping him

Haven't heard much since Gerrard left. Which is understandable. I'm sure GVB will have his own ideas. 

I've no idea what's happening with contracts but I think McCart is 100% off. Club will probably already have players in mind for next Summer.

Clark and Rooney feels like it depends what offers they get elsewhere and it'll probably be later than January before the decide. Not sure how long the club would wait before signing alternatives.

CM area needs a huge overhaul. Ideally we sign almost an entire unit in there, especially with Wotherspoon being out, so someone stepping up in January is key. Whether that's a new signing or one of the loanees returning.

Davidson in the Courier saying he wants a free agent in before Xmas. I do wonder if that's a league of Ireland type as a lot of those contract seem to end between November and January, but would be a weird one if it's a long-term free agent and we're just making the move now

Davidson also quoted as saying he expects "4 or 5 new faces" so somebody on here is gonna be chowing down on some hat I do believe 

Edited by steviemay17

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

Davidson in the Courier saying he wants a free agent in before Xmas. I do wonder if that's a league of Ireland type as a lot of those contract seem to end between November and January, but would be a weird one if it's a long-term free agent and we're just making the move now

Surely its Cleary?

Davidson also quoted as saying he expects "4 or 5 new faces" so somebody on here is gonna be chowing down on some hat I do believe 

f**k, I’ll go get some BBQ Sauce and some salt.

33 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Jamie Walker anyone?

On 04/12/2021 at 02:32, Widge said:

Jamie Walker anyone….

On 04/12/2021 at 06:23, tree house tam said:

He has options seemingly. Is Callum as stalkerish as Turncoat was? Time will tell with the names being banded about, Cleary is the benchmark as he's actually been mentioned in interviews, if he signs, which is doubtful, then we know Callum has it in him to persuade folk his vision.

The jury is out so far imo.

Keep up mizfit

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Decent player, but if it's a loan not for me - we need permanent signings.  Also not sure a winger is a priority.  We need centre midfielders and a striker. 

What type of CM would you want?