Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Could probably find someone who's willing to do you in for the price of a Hilltown hooker. (Less than a tenner Tam tells me).

Wouldn't know about Dundee hookers Marly. You'd need to be really desperate to pay for it through there, it's probably the easiest place in the world to get yer hole.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Could it all unravel if Callum Davidson leaves? Obviously that is possible. Would I still risk that in the hope of the soul not being sucked out of watching Saints? Yes, I would. 

That's not showing any sort of lack of gratitude for last season (and I really enjoyed the football we played under him early on) but he's reverted to uber-Wright levels of pragmatism and it's absolute torture to watch. 

Of course the argument is there that he suffered with the late August departures but he/we (the club) looked wholly unprepared for it.

Really do feel like this could be a blessing in disguise but I don't expect him to get the Preston job. 

Think his tactics have been forced slightly,missed Bryson massively early season,also Conways guile and experience,I’m still hoping we revert to last seasons attacking form,once we’ve a couple of signings,and Viv gets up to speed 

With the Preston job passing him by, he's going to he here for a while so we'll get to find out if he can turn this around.

I think it'll be in the transfer market rather than on the training pitch that action will need to take place though, so all eyes on January. 

Doubt anyone would question his credentials as a coach but there isn't suddenly going to be goals in this group of players without additions. 

Hopefully, the security of his contract and not getting this job means that there will be more of a long-term outlook in the recruitment process. 

45 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Think his tactics have been forced slightly,missed Bryson massively early season,also Conways guile and experience,I’m still hoping we revert to last seasons attacking form,once we’ve a couple of signings,and Viv gets up to speed 

Who could've possibly predicted Craig Bryson getting injured. A real head scratcher. Fortunately we signed, erm, nobody else who can play the deeper role well in possession to cover for him.

As for "last seasons attacking form", we scored less a goal a game in league and broke records for the least amount of home goals. The idea we can rely on the defence keeping a clean sheet and someone scoring the only chance we create, long term, isn't based in reality.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

We will be lucky if Viv hangs around to meet any new signings. 

Aye. 

His contract expires at the end of the month, and he tweeted "sacrifice" the day before he signed for us. He might help in a game or two but he'll be gone as soon as he can.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Wouldn't know about Dundee hookers Marly. You'd need to be really desperate to pay for it through there, it's probably the easiest place in the world to get yer hole.

Speaking of which, how's the wife? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who could've possibly predicted Craig Bryson getting injured. A real head scratcher. Fortunately we signed, erm, nobody else who can play the deeper role well in possession to cover for him.

As for "last seasons attacking form", we scored less a goal a game in league and broke records for the least amount of home goals. The idea we can rely on the defence keeping a clean sheet and someone scoring the only chance we create, long term, isn't based in reality.

We were very decent to watch last season,didn’t get the results our form deserved beaten by Hibs,Aberdeen and County all against the performances,it was a 3-4-3 though that stretched teams better than this years 3-4-2 - 1 

8 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

If he does well in our next 7 games that’ll do me,as it’ll mean the team have done well,he’ll create chances no doubt,and the flying Finn is the guy to put them away 🙏

:lol: I admire your optimism. 

1daf3fa07185def06d00d4b7850bf824.jpg.db119a6ce21bec4cd98eb9a23d8c094c.jpg

What a fucking photo that is, pure w**k material. 

Have the Zander Clark to Rangers rumours still been hovering about after Gerrard leaving or does that seem to have killed it.

Was looking back on some of CD's' comments about January and how it's not just about new faces, but also getting players on longer deals, but then maybe that depends on this month and how likely a relegation scrap appears to be.

I'm half hopeful that Rooney not really shining this season means we have a shot of keeping him