Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The worst thing about us being shite is the Dundee fans getting to gloat because they're *checks notes* 2 points above us having played more games.

Literally never learn.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The worst thing about us being shite is the Dundee fans getting to gloat because they're *checks notes* 2 points above us having played more games.

Literally never learn.

That’s fair, but given that they’re a newly promoted club and you were double cup winners last season, you can understand their delight surely.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That’s fair, but given that they’re a newly promoted club and you were double cup winners last season, you can understand their delight surely.

Yeah being above us in December is likely up there with a pre-season friendly and avoiding relegation from the Championship as "highlights" for them over the last decade, but every single year when we're struggling you get the same ones appearing to brag about our demise.

We'll sign 5 players in January and go on a run that takes us safe, while Charlie Adam will over do it at Christmas and be out of action for months and they'll realise their midfield is being held together by Paul McGowan, while Griffiths/Cummings chuck it as they both know they're gone in May and they'll be left with Danny Mullen as their only striker.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If we sign more than 2 players this January I’ll eat my hat.

Can we get a photo of it happening?

I'd be surprised if they didn't sign more than two. Club has many flaws but they aren't stupid. This Summer was a mess but its a repeat of the Summer 14 window so presumably theres something about us winning trophies that causes everyone to lose their minds, probably just harms planning though somehow.

On a sidenote, how many folk are still paying for Saints TV? I'm struggling to justify it now they don't even bother ever uploading games to watch again these days or even interviews. Literally spending money on nothing.

I'd be surprised if they didn't sign more than two. Club has many flaws but they aren't stupid. This Summer was a mess but its a repeat of the Summer 14 window so presumably theres something about us winning trophies that causes everyone to lose their minds, probably just harms planning though somehow.
On a sidenote, how many folk are still paying for Saints TV? I'm struggling to justify it now they don't even bother ever uploading games to watch again these days or even interviews. Literally spending money on nothing.

Find me some decent seasoning for wool and aye why not.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah being above us in December is likely up there with a pre-season friendly and avoiding relegation from the Championship as "highlights" for them over the last decade, but every single year when we're struggling you get the same ones appearing to brag about our demise.

We'll sign 5 players in January and go on a run that takes us safe, while Charlie Adam will over do it at Christmas and be out of action for months and they'll realise their midfield is being held together by Paul McGowan, while Griffiths/Cummings chuck it as they both know they're gone in May and they'll be left with Danny Mullen as their only striker.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair play, you reeled in the easiest bite on the website with just this.

Ross it’s really that easy. 

This season will be remembered for 2 things. Treehouses Mrs pumping the Hoff and The Saintees going DOON. 

Thank you x

Edited by Yenitit

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you saying the Broon’s are going to spend the £2m transfer fees? I reckon they’ve hippered the lot. 👍

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Where’s the money gone?

Steve Brown has just bought himself some gold teeth and a brand new rolls royce, so maybe there.

In the real world, the majority has probably gone into helping make up for the £500k loss from last season. I'd guess the manager will get funds to spend on fees/wages, but we won't be spending £1m on someone, so presumably you'll be in here gloating about the Browns "pocketing" money, as you have a really weird obsession with trying to claim thats a thing.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steve Brown has just bought himself some gold teeth and a brand new rolls royce, so maybe there.

In the real world, the majority has probably gone into helping make up for the £500k loss from last season. I'd guess the manager will get funds to spend on fees/wages, but we won't be spending £1m on someone, so presumably you'll be in here gloating about the Browns "pocketing" money, as you have a really weird obsession with trying to claim thats a thing.

But you’ve been telling us for years The Saintees have another £2m in the bank. So where’s that money gone then 🤷🏼‍♂️

£2m in the bank plus another £2m in transfer fees. Where’s the money going?

You seem to think the Broon’s sold your 2 best ever players for £2m to cover last season’s 500k losses whilst having £2m in the bank 🤔 c’mon aye…

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

But you’ve been telling us for years The Saintees have another £2m in the bank. So where’s that money gone then 🤷🏼‍♂️

£2m in the bank plus another £2m in transfer fees. Where’s the money going?

They didn't get £2m this Summer.

The £2m in the bank is still there.

Its been common knowledge for about a decade they intended to build up, and then maintain, a certain amount of money to help protect the club after the debacle of the Setanta collapse almost killed every club in the country. It'll be held to protect against any future, unplanned for, financial issues that affect Scottish football, much like the "covid season" we just had. Think if/when we're relegated it'll allow us a season with a "top flight" wage bill to give us the best chance of going straight back up.

Theres plenty to have a go at us/Steve Brown over financially, its just weird you've imagined up some scenario where hes stealing money from the club tbh. Theres financial reports going back a decade that literally prove its not happening.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They didn't get £2m this Summer.

The £2m in the bank is still there.

Its been common knowledge for about a decade they intended to build up, and then maintain, a certain amount of money to help protect the club after the debacle of the Setanta collapse almost killed every club in the country. It'll be held to protect against any future, unplanned for, financial issues that affect Scottish football, much like the "covid season" we just had. Think if/when we're relegated it'll allow us a season with a "top flight" wage bill to give us the best chance of going straight back up.

Theres plenty to have a go at us/Steve Brown over financially, its just weird you've imagined up some scenario where hes stealing money from the club tbh. Theres financial reports going back a decade that literally prove its not happening.

Listen to yourself man 😂 

How can the Broon’s steal their own money, it isn’t St Johnstone’s. 

Edited by Yenitit

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Listen to yourself man 😂 

How can the Broon’s steal their own money, it isn’t St Johnstone’s. 

I can't believe you're this thick.

I’m a big fan of the coags all over the Saints thread now they’re above us.  Nothing stirs the blood like the hatred of  a non-derby rivalry.

The news that Steve Brown has pocketed all our hard earned and is sailing off to the Caribbean as we speak is a bit disappointing though.