Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Is he the sex offender, or was that a different Donnelly?
Edit: Just checked, and yeah, seems problematic:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54189123

Ah f**k, yeah get him in the bin if he’s up to deviancy.

Apart from that, nothing else I can see, his goalscoring record was what caught my eye but easy to see why he’s still over there.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Apart from that, nothing else I can see, his goalscoring record was what caught my eye but easy to see why he’s still over there.

No other strikers in either Irish league worth looking at?

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Hardly a deviant,sent photos to a WhatsApp group of him humping an of age girl,we’ve all done that ,right?👍

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - 2022

Elliot Parish - 2022

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2022 - on loan at Brechin City

Craig Hepburn - 2023

Defenders 

Shaun Rooney - 2022

James Brown - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024 - on loan at Brechin City

Hayden Muller - 2022 - on loan from Millwall

Lars Dendoncker - 2022 - on loan from Brighton

Efe Ambrose - 2022 

Liam Gordon - 2024

Jamie McCart - 2022

Sam Denham - 2022

Liam Parker - 2022

Callum Booth - 2024

Reece Devine - 2022 - on loan from Manchester United

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Murray Davidson - 2022

Craig Bryson - 2022

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Cammy McPherson - 2022 - on loan from St Mirren

Ali Crawford - Jan 2022 - on loan from Bolton Wanderers

Liam Craig - 2022

Cammy Ballantyne - 2022 - on loan at Montrose

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at Edinburgh City

Bailey Pert - 2023

Spencer Moreland - 2022

Jordan Northcott - 2022

Michael O’Halloran- 2023

Glenn Middleton - 2022 - on loan from Rangers 

Viv Solomon-Otabor - Jan 2022

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Callum Hendry - 2022 - on loan at Kilmarnock

Taylor Steven - 2022

Eetu Vertainen - 2023

Ditch the loanees (or the bulk of them at least), sign a starting right centre back, a couple of midfielders who can pass and who can run and a striker who has a vague idea of where the goals are, please. We'd still look short of decent quality on the wings, unless VSO turns out to be decent and stays, but at least that's a start.

Feel like this is a massive window coming up, not just in terms of our future in the Premiership this season but also in order to give us a decent chance of gelling the squad next summer too, when we'll inevitably have to sign a shedload of players with so many loans, players likely to reject new deals and ageing/fringe players who you have to wonder about still being with us. Could be looking at 12 or 13 players needing replaced, unless the young lads are up to replacing some of them.

Davidson said in the press today that he hopes to get some new deals in place for existing players in January. Looking at the players out of contract, only really Clark, Rooney and McCart (and the latter two haven't been great this season either) are looking like they deserve new deals to me (right now anyway) and they're the ones you'd think will be most likely to hold off on signing anything, especially if we do end up properly in scrap at the bottom. Giving Booth 2 years only a few months after only giving him 1 seems an odd decision to me too.

Panic signing Efe Ambrose was a wild decision, looks even more daft now that he seems to be competing for 6th choice CB with Hayden Muller, behind a right back, to play.

Edited by Kyle

No other strikers in either Irish league worth looking at?

Georgie Kelly from Bohemians ended top scorer in the LOI, but he’s linked with Dundee.

Agree with JohnOswald, we’ve no much luck but surely you can’t go from hitting the net 25 times to none almost instantly.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Georgie Kelly from Bohemians ended top scorer in the LOI, but he’s linked with Dundee.

Agree with JohnOswald, we’ve no much luck but surely you can’t go from hitting the net 25 times to none almost instantly.

Nobody else?

Hardly a deviant,sent photos to a WhatsApp group of him humping an of age girl,we’ve all done that ,right?[emoji106]

Christ.

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - 2022

Elliot Parish - 2022

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2022 - on loan at Brechin City

Craig Hepburn - 2023

Defenders 

Shaun Rooney - 2022

James Brown - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024 - on loan at Brechin City

Hayden Muller - 2022 - on loan from Millwall

Lars Dendoncker - 2022 - on loan from Brighton

Efe Ambrose - 2022 

Liam Gordon - 2024

Jamie McCart - 2022

Sam Denham - 2022

Liam Parker - 2022

Callum Booth - 2024

Reece Devine - 2022 - on loan from Manchester United

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Murray Davidson - 2022

Craig Bryson - 2022

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Cammy McPherson - 2022 - on loan from St Mirren

Ali Crawford - Jan 2022 - on loan from Bolton Wanderers

Liam Craig - 2022

Cammy Ballantyne - 2022 - on loan at Montrose

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at Edinburgh City

Bailey Pert - 2023

Spencer Moreland - 2022

Jordan Northcott - 2022

Michael O’Halloran- 2023

Glenn Middleton - 2022 - on loan from Rangers 

Viv Solomon-Otabor - Jan 2022

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Callum Hendry - 2022 - on loan at Kilmarnock

Taylor Steven - 2022

Eetu Vertainen - 2023

Ditch the loanees (or the bulk of them at least), sign a starting right centre back, a couple of midfielders who can pass and who can run and a striker who has a vague idea of where the goals are, please. We'd still look short of decent quality on the wings, unless VSO turns out to be decent and stays, but at least that's a start.

Feel like this is a massive window coming up, not just in terms of our future in the Premiership this season but also in order to give us a decent chance of gelling the squad next summer too, when we'll inevitably have to sign a shedload of players with so many loans, players likely to reject new deals and ageing/fringe players who you have to wonder about still being with us. Could be looking at 12 or 13 players needing replaced, unless the young lads are up to replacing some of them.

Davidson said in the press today that he hopes to get some new deals in place for existing players in January. Looking at the players out of contract, only really Clark, Rooney and McCart (and the latter two haven't been great this season either) are looking like they deserve new deals to me (right now anyway) and they're the ones you'd think will be most likely to hold off on signing anything, especially if we do end up properly in scrap at the bottom. Giving Booth 2 years only a few months after only giving him 1 seems an odd decision to me too.

Panic signing Efe Ambrose was a wild decision, looks even more daft now that he seems to be competing for 6th choice CB with Hayden Muller, behind a right back, to play.

A bit worried by the number of players who haven’t been particularly good that are contracted to 2023. It’s good to have players around the place that give us a bit of character but I do feel we’re in need of a bit of a rebuild. Especially since I don’t think many of our current players suit the Callum Davidson (2025) system.

Great to have Gordon and Wotherspoon signed on for next year, would absolutely love to have Clark, Rooney and McCart too but they feel less likely. Beyond that I’d like us to be much pickier, especially at this stage and in the forward positions. To go through them quickly…

Brown and Booth are decent players and part of a good unit at the back, glad to have them here. I do think Booth really needs competition so I’m not left thinking it would be good to have Scott Tanser back on a weekly basis tho. A more expansive, pacy left wing back to play against worse teams at home would be great.

Having Charlie Gilmour signed on for another year is fine in theory. But I think CD is likely to offer deals to at least 2 of Bryson/Davidson/Craig, and potentially McPherson too (shudder). That would leave us with a lot of center midfielders and no evidence any of them are particularly good in the CD system or are long term options. Fwiw I would offer Davidson another year and bin the others with thanks, open to a coaching role for Craig and keeping him registered as a player for emergencies too.

Further forward it’s a mess. Kane, May and O’Halloran all contracted to end of next season having done absolutely nothing to deserve it really. May and MOH probably should have been gone at end of last year but I can see the continuity argument for offering them another year as a decent option. Chucking two year deals tho.. we really need a refresh. One of either May or Kane is more than enough for a team like us, and MOH should be having to play to earn another year rather than being guaranteed one having not earned it.

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Think Mandroiu will end up higher than us tbh. Seen Celtic fans chatting as if he's been linked to them.

52 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Confirmed Spoony is a “long term” injury.
I’m guessing he’s out for the season.

You would assume. I would think his target is next season or trying to get to the world cup.

Of course, could be a Murray Davidson 'long term' injury and he'll be back in 7-10 days...

Always get the fear when we go public with having made a "very good offer". Invariably means won't be signing that player whether new or contract extension. It surely alerts other teams to his existence too. Imagine we'll see him getting unveiled at Fir Park in early January.

11 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

It's a b*****d, but we also have money in the bank and a dedicated head of recruitment, there should be plans in place for January plus emergency plans for each position if the worst happens.

First big test for the structure, let's see if they can get it right

Tbf it'll be next to impossible to replace everything Wotherspoon gives us.

A versatile, hard working, defensively sound creative mid/winger who can link well with others and cause problems 1v1.

14 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

Interesting to see that it's legal to have sex with a child in N Ireland but being a sleazebag about it afterwards gets you jailed.

She was 16 at the time, is that under age there? It was the fact he shared it, charged under communication laws, which stand here also