Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

We’ve offered that Dundalk boy a “very good offer.”

I mean, it would be a surprise if anyone came out and said "well we've made him an offer slightly below the going market rate"

I also fear we make everyone who leaves or doesn't sign a "very good offer", but if he signs, do we reckon one of the backups (ambrose, Dendoncker,Muller) might be gone?

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Potentially one of the back ups away, but could it also mean we might cash in on one of the players rejecting a contract extension, as we did with Kennedy, i.e. McCart or Rooney?

Is Cleary a left or right sided centre back?  

Right on Transfermarkt, so imagine it’ll be replacement for Ambrose/Dendoncker/Muller. Interested to see if we find a left sided centre half, should McCart go, as they’re quite hard to come by

Just now, tree house tam said:

Right I believe. 

Cheers. Be good to get a bit of stability in that position.  

Dendoncker's done okay, especially for one so young, and will undoubtedly progress,  but I don't feel he's quite at the level to be a Premiership starting centre back for us.

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Right on Transfermarkt, so imagine it’ll be replacement for Ambrose/Dendoncker/Muller. Interested to see if we find a left sided centre half, should McCart go, as they’re quite hard to come by

Horrible flashbacks to when we played Ando left sided alongside Shaughnessy for a while, and then a season or so later Shaughnessy on the left alongside Kerr.

Good to read Callum talking about the importance of getting some players in for 2-3 years and not just all loans.  

I like Dendonker and think he would be a good pick up given his age and potential ability curve. He at least tries to play the ball on the deck, unlike McCart right now. The thing is, neither McCart or Rooney (albeit I think he’s actually injured) are playing anywhere near enough for their big moves. So if it comes down to form, I suspect we’ll be facing up against them next season, or they’ve already got moves lined up. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Interested to see if we find a left sided centre half, should McCart go, as they’re quite hard to come by

There's one from Perth tbf, although I dunno how gettable he is as he's contracted to 2023.

England is awash with them too.

I think now his big switch to Rooney is gone, McCart looks a lot more limited in possession than he did last season, so it doesn't feel as big a job to replace him. Be interesting to know if the manager would want a direct replacement, or a LCB who can get up the park and support attacking play instead.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

We've got two but you ain't getting handsome Joe back 🥰.

Charles Dunne though...

Aye Shaughnessy would okay at RCB just now, but im far happier with Gordon in the middle, and he wouldn't have been better than Kerr last season. Wouldn't want him near LCB.

23 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Who?

Robbie Deas. Sure he's Perth born? 

Don't think he's long extended his deal at ICT so doubt there's a chance of him, but be ironic if we struggle to sign a left footed CB and a Perth born one is floating about.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Robbie Deas. Sure he's Perth born? 

Don't think he's long extended his deal at ICT so doubt there's a chance of him, but be ironic if we struggle to sign a left footed CB and a Perth born one is floating about.

Yip, he's from Kinross. May be wrong, but I think he is related to Paul deas formarly of this parish.

Going to be optimistic here, but if we were to win our next 2 games, we could be right on the verge of top 6.

Especially given we have a game in hand on the two teams above us. Neither Dundee or County are going that well and both clearly winnable games. 

Yes, we are on a poor run and look pretty rubbish, but actually we are not a million miles away from where we want to be in the table. If we can get to Jan still close to top 6 and recruit reasonably well, we may do OK.

The next 2 games are huge. Win them both and as above. Lose them both and we are right in it. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

13 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Would sign him in a heartbeat.

You'd guess ICT would want 6 figures, so I'd say it's highly unlikely we sign him any time soon.