Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Is that the story that's behind the Courier paywall?

Aye. Gayfield another possibility.

We've apparently ruled Tannadice out so that there's no 'merger' fears amongst the fanbase.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

We're planning on renting McDiarmid from you lads for a season or two in a couple of year apparently.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Had your owners not promised a brand new stadium by now?

I think Dundee (fans) need to be very careful here. Intentions of the owners could be the best imaginable (and I don't think they've shown any reason to doubt that) but selling Dens and essentially rendering themselves homeless has a risk attached, even if there are simply just problems with the building process of a new ground, let alone the possibility of worse. 

You look at the years that Hamilton, Clyde and Airdrie spent as nomads. 

Assuming he's not blinded by the pound signs, I think Steve Brown will be telling John Nelms that, as I believe they have a good relationship. That was a big thing in our move, Muirton wouldn't be handed over until McDiarmid was complete.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Why would they need to???

Dundee already rent Dens, the new stadium is miles away so has no impact.. why would they not keep renting Dens for another season until the new stadium is completed??

Airdrie & Hamilton never recovered from playing games away from their town.

So I'm for it!

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Why would they need to???

Dundee already rent Dens, the new stadium is miles away so has no impact.. why would they not keep renting Dens for another season until the new stadium is completed??

I think they want to buy it back so they can sell it to help fund the new ground. The new ground should be called Bennett Park in that case because John Bennett is being hugely generous when, presumably, he could just sell the land himself if Dundee are moving?

Maybe there is an agreement in place that he can't do that or something though. 

How many Dundee fans would travel down to Perth every second week, certainly once any novelty wore off? 

Why would Dundee not just stay at Dens until the new stadium was ready?

Plus if so: why on earth play out of Arbroath or Perth not borrow Tannadice? Home fans having to travel would depress crowds - and either limits big game capacity (Gayfield especially: below 7,000 plus mostly terraced).

Frankly it sounds daft as a brush.

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Its remarkable how Dundee fans just nod their head at every monorail-esque plot their owners come up with tbh.

Any other fanbase would be questioning the sanity of selling their ground to afford the new one, and the bright red flag that waves. Yet instead the come along gloating about it 😂

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Had your owners not promised a brand new stadium by now?

I'm pretty sure a global pandemic threw more than one spanner in the works m8.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Why would Dundee not just stay at Dens until the new stadium was ready?

Plus if so: why on earth play out of Arbroath or Perth not borrow Tannadice? Home fans having to travel would depress crowds - and either limits big game capacity (Gayfield especially: below 7,000 plus mostly terraced).

All discussed in the Dee thread.