Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 hours ago, Radford said:

This last page is the sort of buzz I kick off on a Friday night, so disappointed to miss out. 

This is a great analysis though. 

Does anyone with tickets in the South Stand have them outwith P1 and anyone in West Stand outwith A1/A2? 

West Stand A4. Row Z though 😳

Quicker exit at 82 minutes I guess…

I’ll be back in Stenhousemuir by half seven

Edited by TheRealNumber5

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Plenty of reasons.

I'm just wanting you to confirm that anyone not going to this game isn't a "proper fan" before I move on to the next part tbh.

Geezo.

Ok, IF you’re a Saints fan AND you can afford it AND you’re able to go on the particular day, why wouldn’t you go to this game?

I think if fans are in the financial and logistical position of being able to go to the semi but have chosen not to because we’re in poor form/they think we’ll get beat or whatever… that’s a pretty shitty attitude. Four Hampden wins in a row and two cup wins we couldn’t see a minute of and fans are skipping the first chance to see this team at Hampden because of a poorish start to the season?

I reckon 2500 to 3000 seems about what we’d expect our minimum core support to be at these sort of games, but it’s a bit disappointing. Did we not take about 3500 to the Ibrox semi when no one thought we had a chance? Really poor if after the achievements last season we can’t at least match that, and it is also a shame the fair weather fans attracted by the Euro games in the summer don’t seem arsed. Fingers crossed the apathy from recent performances has resulted in people holding off on getting a ticket straight away rather than at all.

I got our tickets yesterday. The closer it got, the more appealing Premier Sports was becoming. The hassle of going there, outnumbered, vile sectarian fans, current form, stupid kick off time, high probability of poor refereeing, likelihood of defeat, etc., all ultimately laid aside. We’ll be there, but not expecting much.

I got our tickets yesterday. The closer it got, the more appealing Premier Sports was becoming. The hassle of going there, outnumbered, vile sectarian fans, current form, stupid kick off time, high probability of poor refereeing, likelihood of defeat, etc., all ultimately laid aside. We’ll be there, but not expecting much.

I’m going through myself, the reasons you’ve given are why my dad decided against going.

The good thing is I can drive through on my own, and can nip off quickly afterwards.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’m going through myself, the reasons you’ve given are why my dad decided against going.

The good thing is I can drive through on my own, and can nip off quickly afterwards.

Well, if we did happen to pull off a result it would be a shame not to have been there :)

This last page is the sort of buzz I kick off on a Friday night, so disappointed to miss out. 
This is a great analysis though. 
Does anyone with tickets in the South Stand have them outwith P1 and anyone in West Stand outwith A1/A2? 
I got mine last week and they are in P1

12 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

I think if fans are in the financial and logistical position of being able to go to the semi but have chosen not to because we’re in poor form/they think we’ll get beat or whatever… that’s a pretty shitty attitude. Four Hampden wins in a row and two cup wins we couldn’t see a minute of and fans are skipping the first chance to see this team at Hampden because of a poorish start to the season?

I reckon 2500 to 3000 seems about what we’d expect our minimum core support to be at these sort of games, but it’s a bit disappointing. Did we not take about 3500 to the Ibrox semi when no one thought we had a chance? Really poor if after the achievements last season we can’t at least match that, and it is also a shame the fair weather fans attracted by the Euro games in the summer don’t seem arsed. Fingers crossed the apathy from recent performances has resulted in people holding off on getting a ticket straight away rather than at all.

This is exactly what I was saying or trying to say. 

You must’ve said it better as Random hasn’t been on to shoot you down. Or maybe he’s having a long lie and you’ll get it later!

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

This is exactly what I was saying or trying to say. 

You must’ve said it better as Random hasn’t been on to shoot you down. Or maybe he’s having a long lie and you’ll get it later!

He didn't try and distinguish between "real fans" based on if they're going to this game or not.

A subtle difference but considering how scunnered I am with the club in general just now, how I'm spending my spare time, and the fact I wanted to go but can't, it's just making me grumpy to have such things thrown in my general direction.

I'd just ignore me tbh.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He didn't try and distinguish between "real fans" based on if they're going to this game or not.

A subtle difference but considering how scunnered I am with the club in general just now, how I'm spending my spare time, and the fact I wanted to go but can't, it's just making me grumpy to have such things thrown in my general direction.

I'd just ignore me tbh.

Wasn’t really meaning to judge folk like the way you’ve taken it. I meant that sometimes the atmosphere is better when it’s just a couple of thousand regulars. Ibrox semi being an example. 

Anyway hopefully your downer with the club will be resolved after our 2-0 win next Saturday!!

6 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Wasn’t really meaning to judge folk like the way you’ve taken it. I meant that sometimes the atmosphere is better when it’s just a couple of thousand regulars. Ibrox semi being an example. 

Yeah I agree with that tbh, the wording was just a bit shite.

On 14/11/2021 at 00:15, andrewh said:

Not sure what kick off time folk wanted? Cant be at 3 so I'd say 5:15 is better that 12:15 of 7:45?

On 14/11/2021 at 13:14, jamamafegan said:

Baffled as to why folk are saying Hampden is difficult to get to - it’s unbelievably easy. You get a train from Glasgow Central to Mount Florida and then make the 10 minute walk to Hampden.

If it’s a financial reason for not going then fair enough. But if it’s the kick off time or the ‘accessibility’ then I don’t really understand it. 5.15 on a Saturday is a decent kick off time and Hampden is accessible by multiple Southside train stations from Central or you can also park in the Southside and walk up. Or supporters bus obviously.

I would imagine the problem is more yet again, we've sucked any ounce of joy out of the club after an unprecedented achievement and are playing the worst football in the country.

If I wasn't properly dedicated or die hard I wouldn't go either, I can also see that this close to xmas that any families who are hard up won't see this as a priority.

It's a weird feeling to describe, I feel no sense of excitement or anticipation about this game at all, we are beyond tedious to watch

39 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I would imagine the problem is more yet again, we've sucked any ounce of joy out of the club after an unprecedented achievement and are playing the worst football in the country.

If I wasn't properly dedicated or die hard I wouldn't go either, I can also see that this close to xmas that any families who are hard up won't see this as a priority.

It's a weird feeling to describe, I feel no sense of excitement or anticipation about this game at all, we are beyond tedious to watch

True sadly. Going out of duty rather than with any sense of excitement as well.

We had over 4000 at home to Livi a month or so ago, so there was plenty of interest there to build on, but other than the opening spells v Hearts and United, have mostly served up dogshite football to watch.  

No great periods of passing, barely any moments of individual skill to get you out your seat, 2 goals in 5 matches with hardly any attempts at goal over and above that.

About 9000 turned up for each European game.. the club can only look at themselves for that level of interest evaporating.