Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Why on earth would we either put in or agree to such a low release clause? Whole point would be to protect value, so you go for some nuts release value like Sporting did with Gauld, knowing full well it is unlikely to ever be met. 

Just the rumour on WAP

9 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Heard a rumour that Muller and Dendoncker play a game of connect 4 every match day and whoever wins makes the squad that day. 

I know Muller's agent’s granddad’s sister’s cousin’s dog’s goldfish and this is true

Anyone able to help with how to log in using season ticket to the ppv? Haven’t had to to use it online this season but can’t get down to Perth tonight. Any help would be appreciated 
Google Saints TV season ticket link and create an account. It asks for your long ticket number I'm sure.

It worked for me for a few games last year but now all I get is a wird white screen on live broadcasts while VODs are fine.

3 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Dendoncker back in the team and muller dropped out the squad. What a carry on 

Why? Dendoncker has been playing more recently than Muller, so is clearly the first choice there. 

Are we allowed some luck with injury yet?

Dendoncker and Brown both now doubtful for the next game. Would guess MacPherson will be shunted over to RWB if Brown, Rooney and MOH all miss out.

First quarter now complete. What are the thoughts on our summer signings and overall recruitment? 

James Brown: 10 apps
Reece Devine (Loan): 8 apps
Lars Dendoncker (Loan): 3 apps
Glenn Middleton (Loan): 13 apps
Hayden Muller (Loan): 6 apps
Eetu Vertainen: 3 apps
Cammy MacPherson (Loan): 4 apps
Ali Crawford (Loan): 7 apps
Efe Ambrose: 7 apps

31 minutes ago, Radford said:

First quarter now complete. What are the thoughts on our summer signings and overall recruitment? 

James Brown: 10 apps
Reece Devine (Loan): 8 apps
Lars Dendoncker (Loan): 3 apps
Glenn Middleton (Loan): 13 apps
Hayden Muller (Loan): 6 apps
Eetu Vertainen: 3 apps
Cammy MacPherson (Loan): 4 apps
Ali Crawford (Loan): 7 apps
Efe Ambrose: 7 apps

Would like to see the mins played alongside that stat if possible? 

17 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Would like to see the mins played alongside that stat if possible? 

Doesn't take account of injuries. Mins played and % of total available mins since signing. 

James Brown: 556 mins (36%)
Reece Devine (Loan): 480 mins (31%)
Lars Dendoncker (Loan): 204 mins (28%)
Glenn Middleton (Loan): 718 mins (56%)
Hayden Muller (Loan): 410 mins (26%)
Eetu Vertainen: 21 mins (3%)
Cammy MacPherson (Loan): 301 mins (42%)
Ali Crawford (Loan): 471 mins (65%)
Efe Ambrose: 572 mins (79%)

Brown, MacPherson and Crawford have all missed games injured though.

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Doesn't take account of injuries. Mins played and % of total available mins since signing. 

James Brown: 556 mins (36%)
Reece Devine (Loan): 480 mins (31%)
Lars Dendoncker (Loan): 204 mins (28%)
Glenn Middleton (Loan): 718 mins (56%)
Hayden Muller (Loan): 410 mins (26%)
Eetu Vertainen: 21 mins (3%)
Cammy MacPherson (Loan): 301 mins (42%)
Ali Crawford (Loan): 471 mins (65%)
Efe Ambrose: 572 mins (79%)

Brown, MacPherson and Crawford have all missed games injured though.

Thanks for that - interesting to see those kind of stats.

Personally think my biggest disappointment so far is Middleton - not been anywhere the standards he set himself in the 2nd half of last season.

Ambrose done what everyone thought he would - would be steady enough with the odd disaster game

MacPherson (I am not convinced about - does not really offer us anything going forward or in defence - thought the game passed by him again last night.

Crawford up until his injury thought he looked a decent addition - last night again felt the game passed by him

Muller/Dendoncker - both fine but a clear drop in the level Jason Kerr brought to the team - both will learn with each passing game but we will need to live with them learning on the job (rash decisions and costly ones)

Devine - I have liked the look of the lad - would not mind him getting a run at Left Back - Booth has not hit the high standards from last season IMO and never looks the same player when Wotherspoon is not playing beside him.

Eetu - think the time has come to give him a run of games if we are going 2 up top

Brown - looked fine at RCB - not a fan of him at RWB - does not have the tools to create like Rooney/MoH can do when they are playing WWB

I think it's fair to say all our signings, that have played, this Summer look like squad players you bring in here and there rather than trust every week.

January is a big window.

Aye it’s hard to believe we’ve done another post 2014 in terms of the squad, but it’s hard to argue against that point.

Bad luck with injuries have played their part.

Macpherson and Crawford are obviously a downgrade, particularly defensively, and the whole team suffers.  One or the other in a starting line up only.  They both have positive attributes, but weaknesses as well.

Macpherson’s dead ball delivery is in a class well above what we’re used to, which maybe feels like clutching at straws, but in a team that struggles so badly for goals, it could be important. But his all round contribution has to be better.

Add in two of our main attacking threats from the second half of last season, Wotherspoon and Middleton, being off form and it plays it’s part.

Barring disaster, I think we’ll be fine, but thank f**k we’ve got another semi final to look forward to or I think the first half of the season would be a bit of a write off. Again.

With the money we’ve made relative to clubs around us; 2 cup wins, uefa money, tv money from 4 big European near sell outs, more ST’s sold and bigger crowds, it does feel we’ve once again lost a lot of momentum we had coming into this season.  There’s 2 big transfer fees in the kitty now as well.

Probably have no real grounds for complaint, as we could go on a run and be in a cup final again in a months time, but feel things could have been a lot better.  

People can make excuses all they want, but signing a player in a position you are well short in, and struggle at, then playing him for a total of 15 minutes over 7 weeks feels fairly indicative of how he is rated by the manager. If it turns out he is decent after all, then supporters would be justified in asking what the wait was all about.