Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I think, with Rooney injured, I'd have the RCB pecking order Brown - Dendoncker - Muller.

Ambrose shouldn't be encouraged to move with the ball.

Every single option is a clear downgrade on Kerr though, which affects how the shape actually works. Not convinced at all it helps anyone to play this way when we don't have the players.

Clark

Brown - Gordon - McCart - Booth

Middleton - Bryson - Davidson - Wotherspoon 

May - Vertainen 

Would be interesting, maybe Kane up front, and MOH on the right if fit, and gives us a bit of everything. 

I know it won't happen though.

28 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

My team thoughts yesterday didn't include Ambrose, but that was before we found out O'Halloran was missing. On our right yesterday we had the issue that Brown (who I like more as a CB than a WB) was regularly unable to stop either the man or the cross and Ambrose was AWOL from the RCB position. We didn't have that issue with the faster and more positionally disciplined Kerr. It must have Davidson tearing his hair out. Gordon, McCart and either of Brown or Dendoncker is our best back 3 IMO. Ambrose is 'break glass in case of emergency'. 

Davidson and especially Rooney/MOH on the right were huge misses for us yesterday. We're due a set play goal and had little threat from corners yesterday. Hope at least one is fit for Wednesday. 

On your other point we still don't know if E2 is part of the answer. 

My main take away from the last couple of games is that we look a long, long way from that team that drew in Istanbul not very long ago. 

Agree on Brown. I think he does little more than fill a jersey at RB/ RWB and is much better at right centre back.

I know it's Celtic away, and there's low expectation of taking anything, but upto the goal they created very little and would have become frustrated.  We were comfortable.  Watching the goals back, that really was dreadful by Booth, he could even have headed it ffs.  Brown as well just trying a half hearted flick to kick the ball straight at the Celtic player for the second.  We've absolutely handed them both goals on a plate.

On the flip side, i didn't think we'd beat them twice in succession, so yesterday's defeat sets us up nicely for the semi-final....!! 

£25 for a seat 12 miles behind the goal at Hampden for the semi final.  Concessions are £10.

£30 for a seat in the Main Stand alongside the pitch with a far better view.  The downside is no concession tickets available for here.

Would have been good if the bulk of Saints fans were in the Main Stand where the players might hear them more, and where they could actually see the game, but I would imagine £30 for a children's ticket will put many off going in that bit.

I'm a bit torn, want to go where there's Saints fans making a bit of atmosphere, but hate sitting behind the goals at Hampden, it's so distant from the park.

Where's everyone getting tickets for?

(apart from "in the hoose" !)

12 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

£25 for a seat 12 miles behind the goal at Hampden for the semi final.  Concessions are £10.

£30 for a seat in the Main Stand alongside the pitch with a far better view.  The downside is no concession tickets available for here.

Would have been good if the bulk of Saints fans were in the Main Stand where the players might hear them more, and where they could actually see the game, but I would imagine £30 for a children's ticket will put many off going in that bit.

I'm a bit torn, want to go where there's Saints fans making a bit of atmosphere, but hate sitting behind the goals at Hampden, it's so distant from the park.

Where's everyone getting tickets for?

(apart from "in the hoose" !)

13 highland Saints tickets bought for the Main Stand, as you say, the view is better. 

IMG_8111.thumb.JPG.352786c17a9da7300e0b8cc10695b37e.JPG

St. Johnstone Support

South Stand Lower Section O2 - Adults £35
South Stand Lower Section P - Adults £30
West Stand Section - Adults £25, Over 65 / Under-16 £10
South Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £15, Over 65 / Under-16 £5
West Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £10, Over 65 / Under-16 £5

It has been agreed by both clubs that the initial allocations may change dependent upon demand.

18 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Yes tickets needed and being sold on United site.

I'd have thought most folk would probably get these tickets after Wednesday and semi tickets. The United game feels ages away at the moment.

Hopefully we get at least a similar home support for Wednesday night as the Livi game. No idea whether home attendances are higher/lower or much the same for midweek games. 

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

How’s the ticket sales looking so far? I’m probably going to walk around and grab one after the hearts game.

Sales must be going ok as it was posted about 1 hour ago that all buses leaving McDiarmid are full.

Do not know how many and what split is between early "boozers" buses and straight to ground run.

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

£1.2m release clause to a Championship level club too. 🤣

Why on earth would we either put in or agree to such a low release clause? Whole point would be to protect value, so you go for some nuts release value like Sporting did with Gauld, knowing full well it is unlikely to ever be met. 

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Why on earth would we either put in or agree to such a low release clause? Whole point would be to protect value, so you go for some nuts release value like Sporting did with Gauld, knowing full well it is unlikely to ever be met. 

I heard tonight that he is out injured again for few weeks