Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just noticed that the crowd v Livi was 4,274. That's very healthy when compared to previous seasons. For context, we we played them in 2019/20, the home crowds were 2,300 and 3,000.

That's a fair old uplift, especially given the 3k game was the last pre covid and we were battling for top 6.

Was thinking the same as I heard it announced leaving the ground.  A great home attendance especially considering there were only about 100 Livi fans there.  

Typically, we put in our worst performance of the season to deter a fair few from returning! 

Should be a good crowd for the next home match midweek v Hearts, expect they’ll bring a big support through doing so well.

Just noticed that the crowd v Livi was 4,274. That's very healthy when compared to previous seasons. For context, we we played them in 2019/20, the home crowds were 2,300 and 3,000.
That's a fair old uplift, especially given the 3k game was the last pre covid and we were battling for top 6.

I’d say most sides will get a boost of attendances due to what’s happened over the last year, but I’m definitely noticing more and more younger supporters in and around the ground just now.

Can only be good for the future.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Was thinking the same as I heard it announced leaving the ground.  A great home attendance especially considering there were only about 100 Livi fans there.  

Typically, we put in our worst performance of the season to deter a fair few from returning! 

Should be a good crowd for the next home match midweek v Hearts, expect they’ll bring a big support through doing so well.

Thats a good point. Goven there was maybe only 100 or so Livi fans, that would suggest over 4k saints fans. For games like Hearts where they will bring a fairly large support through you are looking at a pretty health average.

Where the real noticeable difference will be us vs the likes of Livi, St Mirren, and Ross County, where we typically get the lowest away crowds in. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’d say most sides will get a boost of attendances due to what’s happened over the last year, but I’m definitely noticing more and more younger supporters in and around the ground just now.

Can only be good for the future.

I've noticed that too. Seems a sizable uplift in younger fans. Need to put decent performances on the pitch to keep these guys hooked. I wonder if this is the impact of the great family offer starting to work through. Youngsters, who maybe as kids attended a handful of games at £15/£16 with their parent are now hooked and have ST's in the East? 

13 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

You've just won 2 cups, surely that has made a big difference to your support.

Some Israeli midfielder on trial and we’re hoping to sign him if we can get a work permit. Fast forward 3 months down the line he’ll have played 3 minutes of football, the fans will be asking why he isn’t playing regardless of the form of the players that are playing. 

16 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Think is with E2, we paid a fee, so unlikely just to let him leave in Jan. He must be wondering what he needs to do to get into the team

Have patience. He only signed 6 weeks ago.

Not even a year older than Cammy Ballantyne, moving to a new country and league for the first time. Learning a new system and style. Not sure it's fair to be expecting him to come straight in and adapt to our game. FWIW a stats company put this up, showing the difference in style between these leagues and English League One. Would guess it wouldn't be far away from the difference to us too.

FBk_5uJWQAItJjy.thumb.png.26e6db57128f304eb9a48a0695248e52.png

Melamed signed on the 5th of October and didn't play a league game until 24th November, and he was older and more experienced, plus he got the benefit of the Betfred Groups being later last season to help him get minutes.