Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

Couldn't care less tbh.

Same here, but that in itself is interesting. You'd have though a Saints manager to have led us to our first Scottish Cup would be reveered, but Tommy isn't really.

Is it because he is still managing in Scotland? I mean he has never managed vs Saints nor was he sacked for poor results...

Or, because, since he left, he hasn't been really gushing about Saints?

Or is it because he has been totally eclipsed by Davidson?

Probably all of it is true, but I dont think anyone could have ever predicted the season we had last season and how well Davidson would do.

Maybe in time things will change, but I doubt we will be erecting a statue outside the ground. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

It's maybe unfair on him, but you'd hold him in higher regard if he hadn't spent his final few years at the club just moaning incessantly about literally everything, before having a dig at the club and fans the moment he got another job.

It's maybe unfair on him, but you'd hold him in higher regard if he hadn't spent his final few years at the club just moaning incessantly about literally everything, before having a dig at the club and fans the moment he got another job.

Kinda hit the nail on the head there. Was that quick to try and adhere himself to the Killie supporters he pissed a lot of fans off with an unnecessary dig about attendances and cup wins being equal to relegation playoffs, that it ended up being pretty funny when he lead them to relegation.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Same here, but that in itself is interesting. You'd have though a Saints manager to have led us to our first Scottish Cup would be reveered, but Tommy isn't really.

Is it because he is still managing in Scotland? I mean he has never managed vs Saints nor was he sacked for poor results...

Or, because, since he left, he hasn't been really gushing about Saints?

Or is it because he has been totally eclipsed by Davidson?

Probably all of it is true, but I dont think anyone could have ever predicted the season we had last season and how well Davidson would do.

Maybe in time things will change, but I doubt we will be erecting a statue outside the ground. 

Tommy will always be a hero to me for everything he did for Saints.  I don't have any interest in what happens to him now that he's no longer at Saints,  but that goes for anyone who has left Saints. 

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Might have been more of a concern had Cammy not come back from injury. Feel like they might be quite a similar type of player on the little evidence we have.

I wonder if Crawford has maybe picked this up from a combo of not playing much football in last 12 months and maybe over doing it trying to make good impressions. Shame for him as he looks the part and can see him getting better with each game. 

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Might have been more of a concern had Cammy not come back from injury. Feel like they might be quite a similar type of player on the little evidence we have.

I wonder if Crawford has maybe picked this up from a combo of not playing much football in last 12 months and maybe over doing it trying to make good impressions. Shame for him as he looks the part and can see him getting better with each game. 

Yeah we're maybe lucky it's come before an International break with players already on the way back.

That's tremendous news. Next sort of "core" taking place? If we get Clark signed up then you've got Clark, Gordon, Wotherspoon, May, Kane who could could play for another 4/5 years at least, all experienced at this level, all know the club inside out, tied up.

And hopefully in the next 4/5 years we start seeing the core after that developing.

Contracted beyond this season: Ross Sinclair, Liam Gordon, James Brown, Charlie Gilmour, David Wotherspoon, Michael O'Halloran, Eetu Vertainen, Chris Kane, Stevie May

Out of contract this Summer: Zander Clark, Elliot Parish, Shaun Rooney, Jamie McCart, Efe Ambrose, Callum Booth, Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Craig Bryson, Cammy Ballantyne, Callum Hendry

That's the situation for non-loanees who've played a senior game for us, I think.

Would guess Booth and Muzz are guaranteed to extend. Would guess Rooney, McCart and Hendry are all away regardless.

Ambrose, Craig and Bryson maybe all judgement calls due to age etc., but could see Craig extending and the other two moving on. 

Clark I've no idea. Think he'll stay but wouldn't be surprised if he's now attracting attention.

Leaves Parish and Ballantyne. Probably be offered deals but will be up to the players.

Should head into next Summer with a solid base, but with plenty of room for new blood too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Contracted beyond this season: Ross Sinclair, Liam Gordon, James Brown, Charlie Gilmour, David Wotherspoon, Michael O'Halloran, Eetu Vertainen, Chris Kane, Stevie May

Out of contract this Summer: Zander Clark, Elliot Parish, Shaun Rooney, Jamie McCart, Efe Ambrose, Callum Booth, Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Craig Bryson, Cammy Ballantyne, Callum Hendry

That's the situation for non-loanees who've played a senior game for us, I think.

Would guess Booth and Muzz are guaranteed to extend. Would guess Rooney, McCart and Hendry are all away regardless.

Ambrose, Craig and Bryson maybe all judgement calls due to age etc., but could see Craig extending and the other two moving on. 

Clark I've no idea. Think he'll stay but wouldn't be surprised if he's now attracting attention.

Leaves Parish and Ballantyne. Probably be offered deals but will be up to the players.

Should head into next Summer with a solid base, but with plenty of room for new blood too.

Not ready to admit that about Rooney just yet, personally. Will sting a little

my opinion is if either of Rooney McCart or any of the other out of contract players are offered 3 year deals ala Gordon they will bite Saints hand off .unless its much bigger offers elsewhere. 

Liam Craig or MOH should be in there ears with the grass isn't always greener on the other side as well!