Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Templar said:

What yesterday showed was that Wotherspoon is not a central midfielder.

This times 1000.

I was concerned seeing the lineup because Spoony neither has the pace/stamina nor tackling ability to be in that position. We’ve seen it before (against Aberdeen I remember funnily enough) and it’s just not his position.

However, to be fair to him, he put in an ok performance and did win his fair share in the middle. I fear against a side in better form they would have exploited this weakness though. 

Not sure what the answer is other than either replace McCann or get Bryson fit again and make him last the rest of the season, somehow. Or put Liam Craig in a time machine. 

Now that Murray looked in a bad way what’s the midfield for Wednesday??

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The "SPL! You're having a laugh!" season was a great one. Was it 4 top flight clubs, including Rangers, beaten in the cups that season?

Yeah United, Falkirk, Rangers and Motherwell all dispatched that season. 

Edit - aggregate score of 10-1 as well, even more impressive given 3 of the matches were away from home!

Edited by Widge

The "SPL! You're having a laugh!" season was a great one. Was it 4 top flight clubs, including Rangers, beaten in the cups that season?

One of my pals at school was a massive United fan who showed great disdain towards Saints.

He was in the front row of the away end and we slowly watched him sit down, put his jumper over his United top before slinking out after the third goal.

He didn’t come to school the rest of the week, and when he did return refused to even acknowledge the game.

This times 1000.
I was concerned seeing the lineup because Spoony neither has the pace/stamina nor tackling ability to be in that position. We’ve seen it before (against Aberdeen I remember funnily enough) and it’s just not his position.
However, to be fair to him, he put in an ok performance and did win his fair share in the middle. I fear against a side in better form they would have exploited this weakness though. 
Not sure what the answer is other than either replace McCann or get Bryson fit again and make him last the rest of the season, somehow. Or put Liam Craig in a time machine. 
Now that Murray looked in a bad way what’s the midfield for Wednesday??

From what he has said about him, I’m pretty sure that Callum will see Cammy McPherson as the answer. Hopefully he’s available soon.

One of my pals at school was a massive United fan who showed great disdain towards Saints.

He was in the front row of the away end and we slowly watched him sit down, put his jumper over his United top before slinking out after the third goal.

He didn’t come to school the rest of the week, and when he did return refused to even acknowledge the game.
Here for this shit.

Page 1884. Nice. 

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Think the answer in this short term at least is Crawford, although I'm possibly less convinced by him defensively than I am Wotherspoon. He wasn't great at closing things down against Rangers. Did someone not say that Muller can play CDM? 

Otherwise we may be looking at Gilmour and Ballantyne stepping up. 

I mean, Wotherspoon has played CM against Rangers and then away to Aberdeen and I don't think he's been exposed at all?
In the Rangers game he was part of three which maybe takes the focus of a bit. Agree that he was okay in a two yesterday though. If anything, he was more disappointing on the ball then without it. His previous outings there saw him get caught a lot on the ball but can't really remember any big risks he took yesterday.

Once you have Crawford, Bryson and McPherson up to speed, alongside Craig and Davidson, it won't be repeated though.

Am I right in assuming  season ticket holders no longer get access to Saints TV and will have to purchase a subscription now? Wanting to watch the full game back as don’t think highlights do our defending justice but only getting a 30 second clip. 

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I hated Simon Mensing but would have loved him at Dens. 

Nothing more to add than that. 

Saturday’s match was a template of Callum Davidson’s tenure in 2021.  Be very organised and hard to break down, frustrate the opposition, play your way into the game and grab a goal. Obviously we usually see a bit more football than at pittodrie.

Had a look at results since the start of January when we finally sorted our way of playing. Domestic league and cup matches, 31 games in total;

- over a quarter of the matches have finished 1-0 Saints (8/31)

- Nearly half have been clean sheets for Saints (15/31)

- Goal difference of 34 for and 24 against.

- In only 8/31 matches have we scored more than a single goal (includes cup matches v Clyde and Arbroath)

- In only 6/31 matches we’ve conceded more than a single goal

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Saturday’s match was a template of Callum Davidson’s tenure in 2021.  Be very organised and hard to break down, frustrate the opposition, play your way into the game and grab a goal. Obviously we usually see a bit more football than at pittodrie.

Had a look at results since the start of January when we finally sorted our way of playing. Domestic league and cup matches, 31 games in total;

- over a quarter of the matches have finished 1-0 Saints (8/31)

- Nearly half have been clean sheets for Saints (15/31)

- Goal difference of 34 for and 24 against.

- In only 8/31 matches have we scored more than a single goal (includes cup matches v Clyde and Arbroath)

- In only 6/31 matches we’ve conceded more than a single goal

Random has fucking broken you.

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Does O’Halloran play on the right for you guys? Trying to see whatcha full back I’m putting my money on getting booked tomorrow night. Also, if Liam Craig plays is he likely to get booked?

Craig will definitely get booked if he plays,  more than likely for dissent.  Mikey plays where he wants.