Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just me who couldn't give a single f**k who Steve Brown supports?

It only seems to be brought up when something negative happens. Not meaning your chairman but in general.

Folk that support smaller clubs (and Aberdeen) definitely have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to someone who played for the gruesome twosome or is an open fan of either club.

13 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It only seems to be brought up when something negative happens. Not meaning your chairman but in general.

Folk that support smaller clubs (and Aberdeen) definitely have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to someone who played for the gruesome twosome or is an open fan of either club.

It's clearly an agenda.

Shaun Rooney is as big and blatant a Celtic fan as you'll find but it's never brought up.

I don't think that tops terrible 👀

On a side note, seen Tommie Hoban do an interview after retiring. Suffered a couple of major injuries and this section made me think of May...

Screenshot_20210906-072040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dc216a9c111324f1b7e697ccbd6db17b.jpg

Says your body not being able to do what it used to be able too slowly grinds away your confidence over time.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Tell me about it.

Aye but folk like yourself in their late 50s/60s should be expecting it, for folk in their 20s it must be really tough.

Can hopefully get Gilmour and Ballantyne (and Denham and Northcott) out on loan until January over the next few weeks but it really needs to be to the Championship. The latter has had two (good) seasons at Montrose, so needs to move up a level. Equally, I'd think Gilmour is above part-time football. 

More about playing football for the other two. Don't even think Northcott heading to Brechin would need to be the end of the world for him. 

Not sure what to make of the comments from the manager about still looking for a free agent striker. This will be a real test of the HoR if he can unearth someone that doesn't have every team wanting to sign them. Every single manager in Britain has already looked at that Transfermarkt page.

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

Not sure what to make of the comments from the manager about still looking for a free agent striker. This will be a real test of the HoR if he can unearth someone that doesn't have every team wanting to sign them. Every single manager in Britain has already looked at that Transfermarkt page.

It's a test. Callum has said about getting a player in, the chairman has basically backed himself into a corner by agreeing. Add in him saying a fair percentage of the money brought in will go on the first team and you have agents and players rubbing their hands together. I think you can forget almost everyone on transfer market, there are others available.

5 hours ago, Radford said:

Can hopefully get Gilmour and Ballantyne (and Denham and Northcott) out on loan until January over the next few weeks but it really needs to be to the Championship. The latter has had two (good) seasons at Montrose, so needs to move up a level. Equally, I'd think Gilmour is above part-time football. 

More about playing football for the other two. Don't even think Northcott heading to Brechin would need to be the end of the world for him. 

There are some interesting names out there, I guess it's pretty unlikely that we unearth someone like a Macca who's going to go on to become the clubs greatest/most terrifying player

Perhaps we can try and sell it as a stepping stone for someone like a Hal Robson-Kanu, Jerome Sinclair or Connor Wickham to get their career back on track, but it's pretty slim pickings when you consider they'll also need time to get fit and work permits will probably rule out any foreign signings 

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Isma sticks out like a sore thumb on that list. There’s also the added benefit of making St Mirren fans cry. Get it done, Callum.

To be fair he is such a cult hero he could sign for Jack Ross whilst declaring his undying love for Morton and we'd still absolutely love him. 

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

Perhaps we can try and sell it as a stepping stone for someone like a Hal Robson-Kanu, Jerome Sinclair or Connor Wickham to get their career back on track, but it's pretty slim pickings when you consider they'll also need time to get fit and work permits will probably rule out any foreign signings 

I'd be amazed if any of them were earning less than £20k a week last season, and if they didn't have interest from English clubs who could completely blow us out the water.

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be amazed if any of them were earning less than £20k a week last season, and if they didn't have interest from English clubs who could completely blow us out the water.

Wickham is, ironically, currently on trial with Preston.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/trialist-connor-wickham-will-turn-out-for-preston-north-end-reserves-next-week-3370828

8 hours ago, Radford said:

image.jpeg.b87d3e4d7e91035f9095023cb22151a0.jpeg