Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

This was my favourite bit from the article;

He added: “Like you, I am a St Johnstone supporter, 

You don't believe it?

Yes rumoured to have a liking for one of The OF in younger years, but he's  grown up going to St Johnstone matches with his dad as chairman since the mid 80's.  Goes to pretty much every match each season.

Sometimes see him with directors on the train upto Inverness or Dingwall  having a few bevvies, or seen them in the pub before matches at Dens.

I don't know the guy other than in passing through going to away games, but folk can complain all they want about decisions etc, but I think you'd be struggling to put up a reasonable argument that he, or any of our directors, are not Saints fans.

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Had seen on twitter the rumours of 200k but they were batted away by one of the Kaylor’s, imagine they’d have a reasonable idea. 

Figure I saw on twitter was Charlton offered £500k then Wigan offered £600k.

The description of "blowing out the water" is proper journalist click bait stuff you see constantly.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, steviemay17 said:

I get we're not going to go and spend £1m+ on players, but it would be nice if we sanctioned around 150-200k so Grieve can widen his search a bit and find the odd gem

£200k on another 7 Vertainens.

Deal.

8 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:
Could put in relegation clauses.

Making any offer less attractive to someone who has an agent saying you can make 2 or 3 times what you make here whether St Johnstone get relegated or not..

But it could be along the lines of If relegated, can be bought out of contract by another club for e.g. £50k.  That way, we don't have big wage players in a lower league We can't afford, and the players are available to move to play in the top league and get a good deal elsewhere, whilst we get a small amount of compensation.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Figure I saw on twitter was Charlton offered £500k then Wigan offered £600k.

The description of "blowing out the water" is proper journalist click bait stuff you see constantly.

Charlton’s offer may well have just been a flat £500k as well, while Wigan’s includes a sell-on clause

25 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

But it could be along the lines of If relegated, can be bought out of contract by another club for e.g. £50k.  That way, we don't have big wage players in a lower league We can't afford, and the players are available to move to play in the top league and get a good deal elsewhere, whilst we get a small amount of compensation.

Yes but if they actually get relegated the likelihood of being an attractive target is diminished in any case. 

37 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

If we turned Hibs bids down for McCart there is no way that we  then accepted a 200k bid for Kerr 

14 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m estimating we received about £450k from Charlton.

I’d have assumed that was a reasonable offer for the board before the Wigan offer came in.

Yeah, yeah. I jumped the gun because It's all so frustrating to have lost two important players on the final day.

Anyways @RandomGuy.is always falling for stuff on Twitter.

PR has gone into overdrive, on an international break? Some c**t must've been reading forums and social media. 

Aye, Steve realised that he wasn’t getting off lightly this time in other words.

40 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Ach, we might struggle to replace McCann and Kerr, but I find it reassuring that there are so many people on this forum who could clearly do a far better job than our chairman.

Just give me 6 months at it and the fans will be chanting my name!