Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Rather amusing seeing others on here taking a swipe at us because we’ve sold two double winning academy graduates for £1.8m (likely to rise). It may very well hamper us on the pitch, we may very well go down but at the end of the day, I know I’ll have a club to support at the end of it. Where others have gambled their very existence chasing success, which they never got, we’ve had a steady rise and achieved great success - not least winning two trophies in the one season with a squad made up of six academy graduates - an academy our manager also came through. 

18 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Love the optimism. Exact kind of positivity need on here. 

I'm really hard for Vertainen tbh. Scottish teams always struggle against players who run at their CBs and we've just signed a 6ft2 rapid c**t who runs at everyone and does it well. Sit deep and hes no fear about shooting from 20 yards.

It'll potentially take him time to adapt to the physicality etc., but the upside if it all clicks is absolutely massive.

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Difference is, Dundee's good times in most of our lifetimes were a 5th placed finish, 2 admins and resigning the thumb.

Ours have been 3 trophies, multiple european trips and plenty of top 6 finishes. All more recently than Charlie Adam has had a full set of hair and teeth.

All relative I suppose.

DeRrY RhUmBa 🤪

*re-signing

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Got to love the attempts at putting a positive spin on it. The Brown’s have dry bummed you once again and again you’ve swallowed the medicine.

Speaking of swallowing the same medicine time and again, how’s that new stadium coming along?

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Rather amusing seeing others on here taking a swipe at us because we’ve sold two double winning academy graduates for £1.8m (likely to rise). It may very well hamper us on the pitch, we may very well go down but at the end of the day, I know I’ll have a club to support at the end of it. Where others have gambled their very existence chasing success, which they never got, we’ve had a steady rise and achieved great success - not least winning two trophies in the one season with a squad made up of six academy graduates - an academy our manager also came through. 

Birthday card pish.

50 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Got to love the attempts at putting a positive spin on it. The Brown’s have dry bummed you once again and again you’ve swallowed the medicine.

So unlike the long list of owners that have that have served up a steady diet of success at Dundee, the incredible shrinking club.

Speaking of swallowing the same medicine time and again, how’s that new stadium coming along?

I’m fairly ambivalent regarding the new stadium, but on balance, seeing how totally soulless your Lego effort is, I reckon I’d be happier staying at Dens.
As someone once said, a swing and a miss, champ.

On 18/06/2020 at 21:07, Fifespud said:

Davidson is as thick as f**k. A disastrous appointment without a shadow of a doubt.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTySMeqzFlvi05EEW3--jz

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We just enjoy others suffering a small fraction of what we've had copious amounts of over the years tbh.

1630488545Eetu.jpg

Not sure Dundee fans have ever "enjoyed" the signing of a 6ft2 Finnish dreamboat tbh.

15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He had Tommy’s team on autopilot. Giving away your star player to your ‘big’ club doesn’t seem particularly smart to me although you may beg to differ.

Our big club is Millwall, not Preston.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The Dundee lads are doing a great job of highlighting just how "irrelevant" Saints are and how much they don't care about us. 

I'm convinced.

You can feel the years of pent up frustration and jealousy oozing out of them all because of a couple of million quid and an understandable knee jerk reaction from fans that'll soon pass. To them it's another of their moments of glory, like Saints beating United in the 2014 final. To everyone else it just confirms how small time they are these days. Well played Saints.