Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Difference is, Dundee's good times in most of our lifetimes were a 5th placed finish, 2 admins and resigning the thumb.

Ours have been 3 trophies, multiple european trips and plenty of top 6 finishes. All more recently than Charlie Adam has had a full set of hair and teeth.

All relative I suppose.

DeRrY RhUmBa 🤪

All true.... but the cup double balloon has now burst... there is only one direction you are headed and it sure as shit ain't top 6

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saints sell their two best players with hours left of a transfer window, 14 months after Tommy Wright left, and the biggest meltdown is from a Motherwell fan seething about Tommy Wright costing us money.

Incredible scenes.

You on that Copium?

i'm just thinking about how this got fucked it up so badly. I mean you got robbed blind here. You would have got mandatory compensation for McCann either way which means effectively you let him go now for a few hundred thousand.

10 minutes ago, Denspark1893 said:

All true.... but the cup double balloon has now burst... there is only one direction you are headed and it sure as shit ain't top 6

Aye, its top 5 and Europe again....

Nah, if we start to slip, I doubt you'd find many Saints fans that wouldn't have been expecting it at some point down the line. Maybe the low balling of the value of players has surprised all of us.

A lot of things aligned to give us this period of success and the vast majority of Saints fans will have recognised this and how fleeting it is likely to be. 

31 minutes ago, Denspark1893 said:

At least we had it and will be difficult for any team outside the two to ever equal.

Whatever we did it and it was wonderful. 

What happens now happens.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Canny wait for Dundee to win a dou.... oh, right. Canny wait for Dundee to win something.

Never mind,  we would all love lifetime highlights like DeEagles and the Battle of Champions. 

They way you're talking Tam, you would think that the Saintee's were more successful than Dundee.

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So did McCann tank his transfer value by demanding that he move to England? Which is basically the same as saying he didn't want to move to one of the Old Firm, and that would obviously be a complication due to playing for Northern Ireland.

So Tommy Wright's influence cost you £££s

Are we talking about Tommy Wright who sold Michael O’Halloran to Rangers?!!

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Are we talking about Tommy Wright who sold Michael O’Halloran to Rangers?!!

Michael O'Halloran isn't Ali McCann.

O'Halloran grew up with all Celtic/Rangers stuff. Ali McCann grew up in a nice area of edinburgh shielded from a lot of the sectarian issues.

My point is McCann doesn't want any part of NI/Celtic/Rangers shite and that is why he only wanted to move down south. And if Ali had chosen to represent Scotland, like one of his brothers did, the issue wouldn't exist.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Michael O'Halloran isn't Ali McCann.

O'Halloran grew up with all Celtic/Rangers stuff. Ali McCann grew up in a nice area of edinburgh shielded from a lot of the sectarian issues.

My point is McCann doesn't want any part of NI/Celtic/Rangers shite and that is why he only wanted to move down south. And if Ali had chosen to represent Scotland, like one of his brothers did, the issue wouldn't exist.

Why do you care so much? 

31 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

They way you're talking Tam, you would think that the Saintee's were more successful than Dundee.

In your lifetime Dundee probably are, I can't remember a good Dundee side even with the 20M overspend. That's probably about 4 generations Johnny, 4 fucking generations? Oaft.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

In your lifetime Dundee probably are, I can't remember a good Dundee side even with the 20M overspend. That's probably about 4 generations Johnny, 4 fucking generations? Oaft.

It's been too long Tam, just one more Scottish Cup would be nice, even the league cup would do.

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

How about that Eetu interview though 🥰They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Operation "Eetu under the radar" succeeds. 

Rival clubs all laugh at us losing Kerr and McCann, while in the background we sneak in a 22yo who could solve our creative and goalscoring issues in one stroke.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Operation "Eetu under the radar" succeeds. 

Rival clubs all laugh at us losing Kerr and McCann, while in the background we sneak in a 22yo who could solve our creative and goalscoring issues in one stroke.

Love the optimism. Exact kind of positivity need on here. 

Edited by PSJ.84