Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

How are we shaping up for Rangers at home:
                    Clark
     Mueller Dendoncker McCart
Rooney                                       Booth
            Davidson Wotherspoon
D Wright         Kane         Kennedy

Not enough under 19’s in there to let Steve see his beloved steamroll the team he’s got to pretend to love.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

He should have been starting with a dossier of loads of players and their values. 

Surely the signing of Vertainen highlights that he did exactly that? Less than a week after he started, the player was in Scotland, with a fee agreed with Ilves and terms with the player. 

Are we to believe he only had one name on his list, or are there other factors at play here? 

Wish I could find the quote but Davidson said a few weeks ago that we, and I paraphrase, were "interested in a lot of good players and just deciding who to move for" so what has happened there?

There is no way that any Head of Recruitment, who will formulate long-term plans, would just fill a squad with loans as we have done.

The most damning thing about all of this is that it simply cannot be defended

If the plan was to simply replace our best players with fringe-player standard loan signings then that is some staggering incompetence

If we've just panicked and not through it through then it shows the decision-makers can't be trusted to make decisions

Neither has anything redeeming about it

4 hours ago, saint in exile said:

It felt like we were on the cusp of greater things.The fans were returning and there was a buzz about the club thats all been completely undone now.Gutted

Welcome to Kilmarnock in the summer of 2019….

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Very reminiscent of our window this time two years ago. Off the back of the best season in decades (ever in St Johnstone's case), disappointing European exit(s) and losing key players to replace them with rubbish loanees.

Of course, with our big 'war chest' 🤔😂 we could offer some pretty tasty pre contracts in January for players and increase the offers to some of the existing players.

Fast forward to next summer, McCann goes for £10m to a newly promoted Blackburn, saints have taken in £4m in total for McCann and we are preparing for a European Janut.... to Berwick in first round of challenge cup 😭

Nah, it stings a bit now, but while may not be a glorious season, we will plod along and go again in the summer. 

After taking a few hours to calm down - I wish Kerr & McCann all the very best (although I've already deleted my reminders on Livescore for the NI games - who cares!)

Maybe these replacements will be great, the Belgium boy should be decent, Crawford is proven, but under no circumstances should we ever LOAN a player from St Mirren.

It is what it is, we got more than we thought for Kerr, and less than we though for Ali. 

Lets cheers whoever's left on until the end of Dec and see where that takes us.

COYS.

Now, time to move onto Scotland making us feel sick tonight instead.

Wouldn't change it for the world.

38 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

How are we shaping up for Rangers at home:

Clark

Mueller Dendoncker McCart

Rooney                                       Booth

Davidson Wotherspoon

D Wright         Kane         Kennedy

Tams chat about changing shape making sense yet?

Back four of Rooney, Gordon, McCart and Booth to see is through to January. Brown, Devine, Dendoncker, and Muller, as back up.

Wotherspoon, MOH, Middleton and maybe Vertainen as wide options.

Davidson, Craig, Bryson, Crawford, MacPherson, Gilmour, Ballantyne as central options, unless the latter two go out on loan.

Kane, Vertainen, May and Hendry as striker options.

It's not great and should be better, but I'm not convinced it's an abysmal squad. January will be a big window for us though, but I'd imagine we'll be more prepared for it than this one.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

After taking a few hours to calm down - I wish Kerr & McCann all the very best (although I've already deleted my reminders on Livescore for the NI games - who cares!)

Maybe these replacements will be great, the Belgium boy should be decent, Crawford is proven, but under no circumstances should we ever LOAN a player from St Mirren.

It is what it is, we got more than we thought for Kerr, and less than we though for Ali. 

Lets cheers whoever's left on until the end of Dec and see where that takes us.

COYS.

Now, time to move onto Scotland making us feel sick tonight instead.

Wouldn't change it for the world.

Let's see your view on McPherson after a couple of month. You got a good one there. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tams chat about changing shape making sense yet?

Back four of Rooney, Gordon, McCart and Booth to see is through to January. Brown, Devine, Dendoncker, and Denham, as back up.

Wotherspoon, MOH, Middleton and maybe Vertainen as wide options.

Davidson, Craig, Bryson, Crawford, MacPherson, Gilmour, Ballantyne as central options, unless the latter two go out on loan.

Kane, Vertainen, May and Hendry as striker options.

It's not great and should be better, but I'm not convinced it's an abysmal squad. January will be a big window for us though, but I'd imagine we'll be more prepared for it than this one.

There's no doubt we could be doing with something to make us more of a goalscoring threat, especially at home.

Crawford and McPherson have always struck me as more attacking midfielders.  Be interesting to see what the plan is for the team...

Very tough first few matches. Surely has to stick with a back three against rangers.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Be interesting to see what the plan is for the team...

1776073759_lineup(4).png.b73783f82e04472584ea702243eda6ff.png

To me that seems our strongest side just now, tbh. Only get one sub per position so Gilmour/Ballantyne miss out as they'll surely get loans, and May more likely to play wide than Hendry.

I think MacPherson is an attack minded CM, rather than a CAM, if that sounds right and isn't too wanky. Not sure we can rely on him to win the ball a lot, but I don't think he'll let us down.

It's not a dreadful squad.