Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Vertainen announced but still not eligible as work permit still in progress. In no way looks like "quick, get something out that's not totally fecking depressing" and yet managing to still be totally fecking depressing.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I didn’t say he was.

But he’s not the one who’s chosen to sell 2 of our best players, with 9 months and 21 months left on their contracts, for a combined fee of “£250k less than Livingston got for Lyndon Dykes” and roughly half what Celtic paid for a player who’d played just over half a season for a bottom six club.

We still have some of that 3 million if you want a tap? could take it out the 400k we got for ben Heneghan as well, what ever suits. let us know

cheers.

Just now, gannonball said:

Speaking of, Will you be looking to do the double again next season with the championship and the challenge cup?

😀

I'd hope we have enough to stay up this season. All depends how decent an impact our new signings make, and how much of a morale drain the past 24 hours have been.

We were the most successful side in the country last season with a squad of brilliant young players, so we were always likely to be targeted. The low transfer fees and lack of planning/ preparation are what make it tough to take.  It can't be a shock to anyone at the club that clubs took some of our top players.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

You mean the guy that Goodwin had benched won't be a suitable replacement for Ali McCann?

The more interesting thing will be the wages he's on.

If you lot are covering all of it, I guess there will be a few annoyed at that, if you aren't covering it all then St Mirren fans (including me) will be somewhat miffed we're "funding our rivals".

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Let's just wait and see what happens next. One thing's for sure we are about to find out how good Kerr and McCann were/weren't for St Johnstone. 

Bargaining.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

😀

I'd hope we have enough to stay up this season. All depends how decent an impact our new signings make, and how much of a morale drain the past 24 hours have been.

We were the most successful side in the country last season with a squad of brilliant young players, so we were always likely to be targeted. The low transfer fees and lack of planning/ preparation are what make it tough to take.  It can't be a shock to anyone at the club that clubs took some of our top players.

Joking aside, it is a tough one to take for you guys. The departures were always likely, it's the manner, left with next to no time to reinvest and seemed to bend over and accept relatively low fees.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

😀

For me I find Saint Johnstone an absolute enigma for how well and badly they are run. They win the Scottish cup for the first time yet then take an age to put season books on sale and dish out any sort of memorabilia. At this point I think they have fucked it to grow as a club from unprecedented success then somehow get a rookie manager in his first season to win a fucking double, only to sell their main asset for well under his value in the last minute of the following transfer window. 
For a supposedly meh club they  dish out a fair bit of drama.

Edited by gannonball

13 minutes ago, gannonball said:

For me I find Saint Johnstone an absolute enigma for how well and badly they are run. They win the Scottish cup for the first time yet then take an age to put season books on sale and dish out any sort of memorabilia. At this point I think they have fucked it to grow as a club from unprecedented success then somehow get a rookie manager in his first season to win a fucking double, only to sell their main asset for well under his value in the last minute of the following transfer window. 
For a supposedly meh club they  dish out a fair bit of drama.

Please vacate our thread.

And have a wash ffs.

13 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Joking aside, it is a tough one to take for you guys. The departures were always likely, it's the manner, left with next to no time to reinvest and seemed to bend over and accept relatively low fees.

We'd have lost Kerr for nothing in 12 months, alongside Rooney and McCart. Probably needed to get money for one of them.

McCann deal could easily go over £4m, potentially about £5m. One I suspect will look a shite deal until it doesn't.