Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

29 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Winning trophies?

No excuse to stand still.

2014 they done the exact same. Have some success, sit back and relax, lose best player in the very next window and have to panic loan some dross in.

We've literally just repeated the same mistake all over again, except with two players this time.

Fingers crossed it works out this time, but we've just chucked away a position of strength we'll never be in again.

I think had we announced Macpherson, Dendoncker and Crawford on 2-3 year deals, Eetu confirmed and Rooney/Clark contract extensions even by one year we’d have said we were happy even with Kerr and McCann away.

Unfortunately as RG Has pointed out it’s another load of loans. If we want to be a club that develops players fine, but be fucking realistic.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He'll give you one good game in four and charge about the park like a headless chicken misplacing passes and diving recklessly into tackles for the other three but a lot of our supporters seem to like that in a centre mid.

Your fans must love Alan Power in that case.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

2014 they done the exact same. Have some success, sit back and relax, lose best player in the very next window and have to panic loan some dross in.

We've literally just repeated the same mistake all over again, except with two players this time.

Fingers crossed it works out this time, but we've just chucked away a position of strength we'll never be in again.

It felt like we were on the cusp of greater things.The fans were returning and there was a buzz about the club thats all been completely undone now.Gutted

Went to bed last night somewhat disappointed you’d retained McCann. Woke up this morning elated at the news he’d gone. Fucking Preston North End. The lols.
I suspect it’s going to be a highly amusing 8 months.
What goes around comes around lads [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Went to bed last night somewhat disappointed you’d retained McCann. Woke up this morning elated at the news he’d gone. Fucking Preston North End. The lols.
I suspect it’s going to be a highly amusing 8 months.
What goes around comes around lads emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

Our top 6 finish being confirmed by this has cheered me right up.

Cheers spud.

"Bubbles burst" 12 months ago remember 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What was our league position at the end of 2014/15?

Forget about the Ali McCann debacle. Personally speaking, my worst moment of the night was when I temporarily allowed myself to believe that we’d used our cash reserves to sign Leander Dendoncker and continue our transformation into a European powerhouse, before realising that we’d actually acquired his little brother Lars on loan.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Forget about the Ali McCann debacle. Personally speaking, my worst moment of the night was when I temporarily allowed myself to believe that we’d used our cash reserves to sign Leandro Dendoncker and continue our transformation into a European powerhouse, before realising that we’d actually acquired his little brother Lars on loan.

Googled the lad and opened the top Wikipedia link. Nearly had a heart attack before realising something must be wrong here... 

Lars doesn't even have a Wikipedia.