Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On one hand, losing your two best players is a massive blow. 

On the other hand, St Johnstone are the Hamilton Accies of the top six. They could sell their entire team and still find a way to finish in the top half. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Reckon you're all getting into a state over nothing. Still a shite window for you lot, but not McCann losing bad.

The £1m fee is so ridiculous it feels like it must be true.

Just now, billyg said:

He should have started on Sunday , either in centre mid or at right wing back. He will do well at Perth if he goes there , I'm certain of that. Goodwin proving that he's clueless !

You're not going to get much argument from me that Goodwin is slowly but surely losing the plot of late but I don't think Cammy was the answer at all on Sunday.

RWB was almost redundant with Tait playing almost as a winger - Jay Henderson should have been in there if we wanted them to play that high up the park.

Defensive mid - McCarthy wasn't a great choice there but was shoehorned in. Erhahon in there and Flynn further forward in Erhahon's role would have made us a bit more balanced. Though possibly MacPherson instead of Erhahon if playing a bit further forward.

Just now, yoda said:

On one hand, losing your two best players is a massive blow. 

On the other hand, St Johnstone are the Hamilton Accies of the top six. They could sell their entire team and still find a way to finish in the top half. 

pirates-ship.gif

St Johnstone selling off the silver, replacing it with paper straws, and still winning the Double IMO.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Why? 

A window that presented opportunity to strengthen. There was the potential extra £3m if you qualified and you were linked with the likes of Greg Stewart etc.

As it is, you've signed a broken midfielder on a 4 month loan, a couple of players without Wikipedia pages, Glenn Middleton on loan and lost your captain, your regular left back and by far your most potent striker.

When we drew 0-0 at home to st Mirren 2-3 years ago I noticed Cammy McPherson as a standout in midfield for them having never seen or heard of him previously.

Haven’t followed him much since as he’s obviously not kicked on, but he’s a 22 year old central midfielder with plenty of experience of playing at our level.

I’m fine with this signing if it happens. We need to find a way of getting him to play to his potential, but I’m confident we’ve got the coaching staff to do it.

Unless Preston meet saints valuation, which they were informed of 2 months ago he isn’t going anywhere. They’re trying to force saints to commit and panic, when really we’ve no need. Increasing in little instalments won’t work right now thankfully. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A window that presented opportunity to strengthen. There was the potential extra £3m if you qualified and you were linked with the likes of Greg Stewart etc.

As it is, you've signed a broken midfielder on a 4 month loan, a couple of players without Wikipedia pages, Glenn Middleton on loan and lost your captain, your regular left back and by far your most potent striker.

We have a potent striker?!