Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Firstly, and most importantly, there is absolutely no way for you to know they weren't - particularly McCart. We know from previous communications that the club do actively try to tie down players for longer but agents have no interest early on in deals. Indeed, Clark and McCann both were tied down for three years at times where they were emerging.

Secondly, that would have been just three months in to Rooneys two year deal at a point where he'd only had a few shaky appearance. It was also at a time of massive general uncertainty - not least about the league position at the time!

There's criticisms to be made about transfer policy. Just don't think we need to make up non-existent ones.

You're probably right, the whole thing is just so frustrating though.

12 months ago we had a strong young squad on multi-year deals. A real chance to plan and build for the future. 

That's now gone and we're left with players being sold for fees below their value, and complete panic because we'll have to rebuild the entire side next Summer.

Club has completely fucked it over the past 12 months in terms of planning.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Club could do nothing about it by January, but how many of our players were in demand in October/November last season?

McCart and Rooney are still on the same deals they signed 18 months ago, there was obviously a window there to extend them even further with a wage rise.

You know they’ve not been offered better? I’m confident they have 

Just now, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

You know they’ve not been offered better? I’m confident they have 

Aye but when?

As I say, its probably right we coudn't have extended them, and that I'm wrong.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Imagine Hibs come in with a late cracking bid for McCart.

Jokes on you, Callum Davidson has a list of all players who played for Scotland in 2009, and simply needs to pick up the phone and we'll have our replacement.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Jokes on you, Callum Davidson has a list of all players who played for Scotland in 2009, and simply needs to pick up the phone and we'll have our replacement.

I know you didn't explicitly say "Kirk Broadfoot" but that might round this off perfectly