Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

To be fair, £600k is not bad for someone with less than 12 months in contract. Not to mention the potential add ons.

He's got say 40 potential games left until end the end of his contract max so £15k per game.

Also, maybe small point, but the £100k difference between the two offers could well pay for his replacement. 

Aye gutted to lose him but wish him all the very best.

I don’t like it, but the simple fact is to be a sustainable club we have to develop players and sell them on for a fee. If they win us cups and get us into Europe on the way then all the better.

Teams are only going to come in for the better players that we all want to keep,  nobody’s going to offer money for players we’re happy to see gone.

Jason might have been away 3 years ago when Barnsley offered about £150k, so the timing is maybe as good as it could have been.

My only slight gripe is we never seem to get massive blow your socks off offers for our players. £600k is average at best, but the market is what it is.

Scotland cap incoming!

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You'd have thought Kerr could easily have moved to a Championship club, but that fee isn't to be sniffed at for someone out of contract next summer.

Not to mention the supposed 5-figure wage packet is something he’d have been foolish to turn down!

Wigan/League One is definitely a level below him, even at this stage. Hopefully if he goes there it is a springboard to bigger and better things - and that Saints get a large cut of his next move.

I think if you'd told me after the Scottish Cup Final that we'd retain McCann, McCart and Rooney and bring back Middleton - and only lose Kerr - I'd have been pretty happy with that. Muller will undoubtedly get a run of games in Kerr's RCB position now. Hopefully with Gordon beside him he can sharpen up the defensive side of his game but his forward runs are already great to watch! Without doubt, we need another central defender in now though.

With Crawford coming in I assume we'll be loaning out one or both of Gilmour and Ballantyne, which is probably fair enough. A year in the Championship wouldn't hut either of them. We need Vertainen's paperwork to come through and, crucially, him to hit the ground running after the international break.

Would really appreciate a completely left field striker signing tonight though!