Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

I’d rather we kept Hendry than May tbh. Am I alone in that?

With wages, age etc. I’d be inclined to agree. May probably tries a bit harder than Hendry but for the wages he’ll be on I’d like to be able to say a bit more than he tries hard… 

9 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

I would as well.   I wondered if Tommy would take May on a loan, possibly not now though.

Play 4 months a division down to get some goals and confidence back. 
Free up about £3k a week towards another player.

Nobody in their right mind is going to sign May.  I'm sorry, and happy to have this quoted back to me in the years to come, but he is absolutely done.  TW might be one of the only ones daft enough to take him.  It's sad when you think about that season he had for us but his return has been utterly underwhelming and we should have cut our losses in the summer.    

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I would as well.   I wondered if Tommy would take May on a loan, possibly not now though.

Play 4 months a division down to get some goals and confidence back. 
Free up about £3k a week towards another player.

If that's what Mays getting no club in the Championship would be offering to pay 100% of 3k a week.

No chance. They'd need to be blind. 

5 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

Another Scandinavian deal done… Motherwell sign uncapped Norwegian defender Sondre Johansen. Work permit granted last Thursday.

Technically not. He received his Governing Body Endorsement on Thursday.

The work permit is still to be formally ratified but as far as I can tell the GBE makes it a matter of procedure.

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Technically not. He received his Governing Body Endorsement on Thursday.

The work permit is still to be formally ratified but as far as I can tell the GBE makes it a matter of procedure.

I see. The club still must be pretty confident of receiving a work permit to have announced the deal? We’ve had Eetu Vertainen in Perth for near enough a month - radio silence.

I’ll hold my hands up and say I was wrong with Middleton, I’ve been pleasantly surprised to say the least. 

You sense there’s some drama heading to Perth tonight. I don’t think the interest in McCann is concrete enough for it to be him. McCarts suitors appear happy to wait for a PCA if they can get him, which probably leaves Jason Kerr as the one to go. Weirdly enough, whilst he’s our best defender, he’s the one I’m most relaxed about leaving at short notice. Muller looks decent and can cover him, the other 2 would br harder to replace in my opinion. 

Just now, perthsaints99 said:

I see. The club still must be pretty confident of receiving a work permit to have announced the deal? We’ve had Eetu Vertainen in Perth for near enough a month - radio silence.

From what I can tell the GBE being granted means the work permit is a question of the paperwork getting processed. It's a shree year deal as well.

United did the same with the Finnish boy they signed. They announced him as having signed and indicated that they were going through the process of obtaining the visa.

I'd imagine Ben Banks has got this info directly from Burrows/the club.

12 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If that's what Mays getting no club in the Championship would be offering to pay 100% of 3k a week.

No chance. They'd need to be blind. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if killies top players are on a wage up towards what ours get. Burke must be on a good wedge.

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Oh and last time I checked Ali Crawford was a cracking wee player who pulled the midfield strings for Hamilton. How can this be a bad signing?

About 4 years have passed since you "last checked", alongside a recurring knee injury, an operation, and a couple of jobber seasons.

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

Both shouldve punted in this window.

Instead we gave May a 2yr deal.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Both shouldve punted in this window.

Instead we gave May a 2yr deal.

Does that kind of business come from a few failed pre contract attempts towards the end of last season and then panic renewals?

We apparently made an attempt for Brophy for example and may have been others we tried and failed to sign. 

Hard to see us offering him a 2 year deal if we'd brought someone else in at that point. 

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Does that kind of business come from a few failed pre contract attempts towards the end of last season and then panic renewals?

2yr deals given to Brown, MOH, and May, all absolutely reek of panic because we have no idea who else we could get so it's better than nothing.

I'm not even sure if panics even the best word for it tbh, just like they gave a shrug of the shoulders at the whole idea of bringing better players in.

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

F*ck me, wouldn’t be deadline day without Saints fans going into meltdown.

Looking on the bright side, the day is still young and as it stands we haven’t lost any of our top players.

Oh and last time I checked Ali Crawford was a cracking wee player who pulled the midfield strings for Hamilton. How can this be a bad signing?

He's the best we are going to get i'm afraid.What do folk from our wee club?