Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

See the audio commentary on saints TV for game today - anyone get it to work? I get error message saying not available to season ticket holders???

You seem to only get live streams on season ticket not the things on Saints tv like interviews or live audio.
Bit of a swiz really.

Goalscoring looks like it will continue to be an issue, but overall not too disappointed with a point away from home on the back of Thursday night.

Thought when we got the ball down and played through them in the second half we looked the far better team. 

Kind of unavoidable with the European matches, but with the opening 4 fixtures we've had, if we'd had no midweek games and a fully rested team, you'd be hoping we'd have been top of the league or thereabouts.

Every single one of those opponents beatable.

Ross County Motherwell Dundee Ute and St Mirren no goals scored (other than an own goal) Can't wait to see what happens against Rangers Celtic Hearts Aberdeen and Hibs. If the Fin can;t score we have big problems

I wouldn't read a single thing into our attacking play in the first half, tbh.

Hendry will be lucky to still be at the club by next week, while May will be lucky to be making the bench once Vertainen joins.

Kane, Middleton, MOH, Vertainen, Wotherspoon + whoever we bring in beyond that will create plenty of chances, even if players keep missing them you do inevitably get goals if you keep creating lots. 

Callum says he is ‘open to adding a new face’. At this point in time, it looks like we’ve pulled off a trophy-laden season with a tiny squad (in very fortunate circumstances due to a lack of any serious injuries), then decided to take advantage of the momentum, the prize money and the European qualification by losing more players than we brought in.

Why aren't those interviewing him asking him what's happening with Eetu V?

I understand it's the process holding it up but over a week ago he suggested he was going to be available for the United game. We're now heading towards the last two days of the window... 😬

I read as well the appeals process is to be scrapped for work permits post this window... Wonder if that includes in progress appeals? 😬

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Callum says he is ‘open to adding a new face’. At this point in time, it looks like we’ve pulled off a trophy-laden season with a tiny squad (in very fortunate circumstances due to a lack of any serious injuries), then decided to take advantage of the momentum, the prize money and the European qualification by losing more players than we brought in.

Looks like the main focus budget wise is making up for the covid loses. ☹️

Can't see much happening with us. We'll try for a loan or two but cant see them improving the starting 11. 

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Very, very frustrating but it's the way Brown operates. And he's not going to change now.

A different kind of out and out centre forward in on loan could be game changing. Loans not ideal but at this stage seems we’re more likely to get someone decent that way.. Kane is the only striker I’m happy to see starting and he’s unlikely to ever hit double figures. We need to directly replace the six (is that right?) goals Melamed got last year.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Almost my favourite day of the year, deadline day.

What are folk expecting/hoping for?

Something completely gamechanging up front, obviously someone who scores 20+ goals is virtually impossible to find for us, but I would prefer we find someone who is exceptional at something and find a way to build that into our attack.

Don't care if it's someone who's a total unit and a weapon in the air, or someone with great pace and movement, just something that isn't another underwhelmingly average player who doesn't really do anything well

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Almost my favourite day of the year, deadline day.

What are folk expecting/hoping for?

A fully resurfaced car park.

We’ve talked about it and played at it for long enough, but now is the time to give Saints fans the kind of deal that we all want. 

And if it came with neat white lines painted on, and even striped walkways for pedestrians down the middle.. well f**k me if that doesn’t bring the masses back to McDiarmid then I really don’t know what will.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

A fully resurfaced car park.

We’ve talked about it and played at it for long enough, but now is the time to give Saints fans the kind of deal that we all want. 

And if it came with neat white lines painted on, and even striped walkways for pedestrians down the middle.. well f**k me if that doesn’t bring the masses back to McDiarmid then I really don’t know what will.

Yeah! Sweet, sweet infrastructure!