Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Killiefan said:

Rumoured down our way that Callum Hendry is coming to us, anyone at yours heard anything about him moving?

Would be the least surprising signing of the Summer.

Tommy Wright signing a player who played well for him 2 years ago, pretty much our entire signing policy under him. Absolute scenes if we get a fee.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would be the least surprising signing of the Summer.

Tommy Wright signing a player who played well for him 2 years ago, pretty much our entire signing policy under him. Absolute scenes if we get a fee.

Tbf Wright looks as if he’s done okay with our signings so far.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I am going to pretend this would have been our draw. It helps to numb the pain.

FWIW if you sub us in instead of LASK, plop everyone between us and them up a place, then I think we would've been in Partizan Belgrades spot.

So it would've been Gent, Flora, and Anorthosis, which doesn't seem all that imposing tbh.

12 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Rumoured down our way that Callum Hendry is coming to us, anyone at yours heard anything about him moving?

It was rumoured up here as soon as you were relegated. He doesn't fit in at Saints, in playing style or attitude. He might actually try a bit harder at a new club and a different level, one more suited to his skill set. Kilmarnock in the diddy league is so far below the level he thinks he's at and probably a few levels above where he's actually at. Total fraud of a player.

7 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Tbf Wright looks as if he’s done okay with our signings so far.

TBF a lot of them just incredibly obvious signings for a relegated side to make. 

Be interesting to see how long it takes him to start moaning about the transfer business once hes no longer allowed to sign 10+ players every window. 

It was rumoured up here as soon as you were relegated. He doesn't fit in at Saints, in playing style or attitude. He might actually try a bit harder at a new club and a different level, one more suited to his skill set. Kilmarnock in the diddy league is so far below the level he thinks he's at and probably a few levels above where he's actually at. Total fraud of a player.

The boy needs a wake up call akin to Dobbie. He won’t get that at Killie.

6 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I must admit i didn't see anyone coming in for Hendry.

If he can get back to the form of 2 years ago then it could work but that may just have been a purple patch.

I'll bang this drum forever, but his 19/20 form was completely unsustainable at the time, and the absolute definition of a purple patch. Was literally playing 15 minutes, getting one shot and scoring it, every couple of games. xG overperformance rate was higher than any striker whos played in Scotland in the past 5 years.

Would suggest the last season + a bit are evidence of his ability more than 19/20.

Shame really, as you look at Kane, May, and Hendry in warm ups etc., and Hendry looks like he should be the best. Strong, fairly quick, tall, aggressive, technically really good, but then it just all falls apart once the actual game starts.

Edited by RandomGuy.

A cracking atmosphere - even in the Ormond Stand – last night. But looking for something to focus on other than the football, what's with our ticketing system? The Main Stand was billed as being sold out, but there were dozens, or maybe hundreds of seats available there. And last week the United section in the Main Stand  didn't look full despite being 'sold out' days in advance.

I can’t understand this either because I tried to buy at 3.40 approx last Saturday and could only get a seat in the main stand in the lower seats in line with the goal line. Happy enough with the seat but someone put up a photo of the main stand after the game was underway and you could clearly see how many seats were empty, I know about the red zone ok.
It was clear that my usual seat and all around it was mostly empty. This should not be the case and needs sorted.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shame really, as you look at Kane, May, and Hendry in warm ups etc., and Hendry looks like he should be the best. Strong, fairly quick, tall, aggressive, technically really good, but then it just all falls apart once the actual game starts.

Did anyone watch Karamoko and Raguz warming up last night? Different world compared to our strikers.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Did anyone watch Karamoko and Raguz warming up last night? Different world compared to our strikers.

Karamoko is pretty much the striker we've all been wanting tbh.

See Wolfsburg have a buy back option on him, much like Oscar Dorley (who a Google has linked with Leeds and is now a left back) it'll be interesting to see how his career goes.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Karamoko is pretty much the striker we've all been wanting tbh.

See Wolfsburg have a buy back option on him, much like Oscar Dorley (who a Google has linked with Leeds and is now a left back) it'll be interesting to see how his career goes.

Oscar Dorley. There was a player.