Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah I was more scared of them last week when the manager was treating us with respect and spoke intelligently. This just feels like a nervous manager, whos under pressure, trying to convince his squad hes confident in them with fake bravado.

I'm more surprised that they've come out with the usual tropes about us being a horrible team and just sitting behind the ball and trying to fight them. The away game with Galatasaray had a lot of that, but do wonder if it's just a general view on Scottish football. So many European teams get praised for setting up to tear a team apart on the counter and we did that well, while they often pumped long diagonal balls and it was they who needed the stupid penalty rather than us this time.

My only fear is they won't be that bad again but maybe they were just over-hyped and we can do it!

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

9800 is not to be sniffed at.
I presume that red zone remains if we make group stage?

The support is there for the club and they need to capitalise on this and make these attendances a regular occurrence again.

Hopefully if St Johnstone play group stage football we will see an increase in crowd numbers for league games. But I don't think there was a big turn out at the weekend unfortunately. 5.7k which is fairly normal for games v United with over 2,000 away fans. 

There was probably near a hundred folk watching from the hill against Galatasaray, as long as they're Saints fans I'd like the club to nip over when the game has started with the spare tickets for the north stand and hand them out, unofficially of course.

I think a few of them were Galatasaray fans who’d tried to sneak in, but I’d agree there’s no harm offering free tickets.

I’d have even said if anyone knew someone who couldn’t afford a ticket the club should be encouraged to offer them it for free.

Sorry to ask this question in here but guessed it would capture the highest number of perth dwellers. Meeting a mate in perth in a couple of weeks. Where is decent for food/drink?

The grill bar.

20 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Sorry to ask this question in here but guessed it would capture the highest number of perth dwellers. Meeting a mate in perth in a couple of weeks. Where is decent for food/drink?

Don't listen to that mizfit 🤣

Depends what you're looking for & probably on your generation as well!

If it's beer and pub grub type food there's the Foundry - Belhaven place. If you're looking to watch football etc it'll be on in there as well. 

For just pubs, ship inn is decent but unlikely to be showing much football. There's also a brewdog (if that's your kind of thing)

Few on here would likely recommend The Caladonian Bar if you were looking for a "smaller" pub. Family run I believe as well. Personally not been in for a while though. 

If you're looking for a bit better than pub grub there's Kisas, Paco's. Indian - Tabla. 

10 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

I read that on the BBC sport page this morning.  I mean, it's as if we're not nervous enough about one of the biggest games in our history, but winning might also have a bearing on keeping together one of the greatest St Johnstone teams of all time!!

Who do we reckon, need @Kyle's list of contract expiry dates?  Kerr, McCart, Gordon, Rooney and Clark?  Murray Davidson as well?  McCann would be incredible news but I'd be amazed if we get him tied down for longer.  Think Kane's got another year after this one..

Your wish is my command

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - 2022

Elliot Parish - 2022

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2022 - on loan at Brechin City

Craig Hepburn - 2023

Defenders 

Shaun Rooney - 2022

James Brown - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024 - on loan at Brechin City

Hayden Muller - 2022 - on loan from Millwall

Jason Kerr - 2022

Liam Gordon - 2022

Jamie McCart - 2022

Sam Denham - 2022

Liam Parker - 2022

Callum Booth - 2022

Reece Devine - 2022 - on loan from Manchester United

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Murray Davidson - 2022

Ali McCann - 2023

Craig Bryson - 2022

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Liam Craig - 2022

Cammy Ballantyne - 2022 (?)

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at Edinburgh City

Bailey Pert - 2023

Spencer Moreland - 2022

Jordan Northcott - 2022

Michael O’Halloran- 2023

Glenn Middleton - 2022 - on loan from Rangers 

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Callum Hendry - 2022

Taylor Steven - 2022

I’d have thought for Saints the calculation is quite simple. Win tonight and you’ve got the money there in spades to say to McCann/McCart/Kerr/Rooney that they can have an extra £1500 a week, for example, if they extend their contract by a year. That puts us on the hook for about £80k a year extra per player - a fraction of the prize money on offer - but adds far more to their value as far as potential sales go. Stick in a minimum release fee clause and have it on the understanding that we won’t stand in their way after January if offers come in.

Its really just hitting now how big this is tonight. One great performance away from something incredible.

COYS.

Cheers Kyle.

Here i was excited enough about those six, and you throw in the possibility of Middleton on a permanent deal!

Tonight has a huge financial incentive, but hopefully if it goes against us we can still make a lot of those deals, as it's near €1m prize money if we go out I think.  Plus the tv money* and gate receipts.

* Not sure if clubs get the tv money or if UEFA 'own' the fixtures and our share is covered by the prize money

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

The grill bar.

Is the correct answer.

For almost everything. 

34 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Your wish is my command

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - 2022

Elliot Parish - 2022

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2022 - on loan at Brechin City

Craig Hepburn - 2023